Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wonder why they're only in discussion and haven't implemented a ban months ago.

We're clearly one of the worst places on the planet for Covid 19 with nobody doing anything about it.

I think because they are now looking at opening borders to countries beyond the EU. 

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Boy, am I super glad to live in this absolute moron-run state. Here's looking at lockdown #2.

Pa is just getting out of our lockdown Friday.

I give it till August till we back baybee

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

It doesn't look like it - they're made masks mandatory, but that's the extent of it.

I have friends and family in the medical field here in Houston, and they are all ranting about the lack of action. This is going to get very ugly - Texas Children's Hospital here has started to admit adults in an effort to manage ICU beds in the city.

This is not going well at all...

Seeing all of the people out and about right now in my area makes me think it's not going to go well for Maryland either.  

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Its pretty meaningless, so don't buy it under any circumstances.

They used computer modeling to see if the compounds found in garlic would interact with certain receptors found in humans
This isn't even a test tube result, its dudes playing around with simulation software. Now its not useless, its a proven method used in very early drug discovery. But they're also 5+  years away from proving anything useful vs the virus and that's the hard part.

Its sort of like saying "two elite athletes made a baby together ! ... time to prepare the Hall of Fame induction for the kid " 
My guess is that if you eat 17 lbs of garlic a day, you should be reasonably virus - free. 

Peer-reviewed clinical results in human beings from this planet.... that's what we're after
Derek Lowe at In the Pipeline is one good resource:   https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/

The rest are interesting stories and anecdotes and there's nothing wrong with that from an entertainment POV.

Eating 17 pounds of garlic each day would probably clear an apartment building out.  Quite literally crop-dusting at that point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

'Bout to have a second lock down.

I don't think so, actually. They're going to stick with the usual platitudes and keep things as-is (masks and social distancing).

Not a good thing, mind you. 

26 minutes ago, pwny said:

Boy, am I super glad to live in this absolute moron-run state. Here's looking at lockdown #2.

They're not going to lock down the state - even though every single metric points to that being the most effective and necessary course of action.

Texas is open for business, for better or worse.

• Like 1

the problem with opening up too early is it's always going to be really hard to want to bring people in for a second lockdown for two reasons

the first is that once people have that taste of freedom they aren't going to want to cede it away again

now

the second is pure political stubbornness, we know that leaders don't like to admit they were wrong and we've already seen some doubling down on failed measures by leaders worldwide

• Like 3