Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

On 6/20/2020 at 6:04 PM, Ozzy said:

In what world is the USA doing a great job handled this pandemic? 

What an ignorant, contradictory post considering this is what you say next 

On 6/20/2020 at 6:04 PM, Ozzy said:

#1 in cases by a wide margin and #1 if Deaths by a wide margin, #1 in testing sure but honestly so what.

All I see here is that USA is #1 !!! 

USA USA USA 

• Like 1

So now the media stories are reporting that the protests aren't impacting the number of cases... I'm gonna have to call B/S on this one. It's certainly not the only reason cases are rising but you're really going to sit here and tell me that large groups of people, in some cases thousands standing close to each other yelling at the top of their lungs isn't increasing the spread of the virus? Only an idiot would believe that.

These are the exact same media outlets who just a couple months ago told us that the anti lockdown protesters were putting people at risk because the protests would increase the spread of the virus...

So which is it? Literally can't be both media, either protests increase the spread or they don't.

God people piss me off sometimes😣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

So now the media stories are reporting that the protests aren't impacting the number of cases... I'm gonna have to call B/S on this one. It's certainly not the only reason cases are rising but you're really going to sit here and tell me that large groups of people, in some cases thousands standing close to each other yelling at the top of their lungs isn't increasing the spread of the virus? Only an idiot would believe that.

These are the exact same media outlets who just a couple months ago told us that the anti lockdown protesters were putting people at risk because the protests would increase the spread of the virus...

So which is it? Literally can't be both media, either protests increase the spread or they don't.

God people piss me off sometimes😣

The thing is- you're seeing a lot of spread down south where restrictions are lax. The rapidly increasing spread dates back to when they started to reopen. Up north, where restrictions are stricter, the spread is slowing down regardless of protests. Realistically- we won't have a true grasp of how much of the spread is caused by the protests for another few weeks as exponential growth needs to take full effect. Even then- it's going to be hard to differentiate between whether it was due to lax regulations or protesting. If the north east is still steadily declining, then I think we can safely say the protests haven't caused a huge spike. Of course- masks may make a big difference. Each area may be effected differently due to how many people were wearing masks. 

Many experts and public officials have recommended protesters get tested. That being said- at the time of the anti lock-down protests we didn't know how effective masks were at preventing the spread. We have a better idea now, so while many of us are still worried about this creating exponential growth for the spread; we're still hopeful that masks will make a difference. I know I personally was extremely worried that many of those who took part in the anti lock-down protests were going to get infected, but that didn't seem to happen, which gives me hope that being outside + masks may slow the spread dramatically. 

Still, I get your point, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about these protests causing surges. They won't help the numbers- that's for sure.

Finally, it depends on which news outlets you're watching- the right winged outlets are going to say exactly what you're saying. The left winged outlets are likely going to gloss over the fact. We live in a divided country, and it's blatantly obvious by the different tones of the media. I recommend staying away from the extreme news outlets. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

Mob mentality. You can't say the gatherings are causing a spread bc you'll get mobbed on and cancel culture will come for you claiming you're racist. Plus you have to remember the gatherings are politicized so of course some will say it while some will not. All I know is, you're supposed to social distance and they were not. I know you're also not supposed to use a lot of lung capacity (singing in church choirs for example) and they were. I also know young people are making up majority of new cases which points to two things: bars and gatherings. Will bars, where's hundreds ( per establishment) of people go, cause these record spikes all over the country? They'll certainly help but nah, I doubt it. Will gatherings of hundreds of thousands for days/weeks cause it? I'm a gambling man and odds are.......... And yes I'm aware some are wearing masks but you can clearly see tons of videos where they are not

Edited by JTagg7754

4 hours ago, N4L said:

What an ignorant, contradictory post considering this is what you say next 

All I see here is that USA is #1 !!! 

USA USA USA 

Ummm no.  Being 1st in deaths is not exactly a good thing, maybe in your mind it is.  I had a friend get tested recently and it takes a few days to get the results back, there are countries that have results way faster than that as well.  

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Ummm no.  Being 1st in deaths is not exactly a good thing, maybe in your mind it is.  I had a friend get tested recently and it takes a few days to get the results back, there are countries that have results way faster than that as well.  

Pretty sure what he said was tongue in cheek. Just saying.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah your joke meter is broken.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Hey bud haven't seen you in the college football forum lately.

6 hours ago, Xenos said:

Does this really shock anyone?  This is the same guy who published The TB12 Method.  I'd frankly be a little surprised if he even believed that the coronavirus existed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

Does this really shock anyone?  This is the same guy who published The TB12 Method.  I'd frankly be a little surprised if he even believed that the coronavirus existed.

I was a little surprised only because I thought he'd go extreme the other direction. I'm talking arriving to training camp in a (designer) bubble, 4:30 PM curfew, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

The misconception of PED use always makes me chuckle. I mean, good chance that Manning post neck surgeries and TB12 playing at this level in his early 40s are probably good indicators. Do we really think that TB12 is playing at this level because he "doesn't eat strawberries"? LOL

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Two weeks, Houston's medical center - the largest in the world - will be at capacity.

This is a very sobering statistic. 

Unfortunately some people don’t care about projections because if they’re not 100% correct they call them fake news because they don’t understand what the word projection means.

Some people are just going to need to see hospitals at max capacity. 

Again.

Because NYC a couple months ago didn’t happen.

• Like 4