Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't know about that.

A rallygoer sans mask: “We had a friend who died from Covid, and his son was on a ventilator, he almost died. So we know it’s real, but then at the same time you don’t know what the facts are, you feel like maybe one side plays it one way and the other side plays it another.”

Again, people will make up whatever excuse they feel they need to do whatever they want. See the gatherings of hundreds of thousands. "At least it's in good faith though" was an argument I received from a FB friend over that matter. Basically, it's OK to spread it as long as you're doing good things................ yay

• Like 1

Ridgeback tests COVID-19 antiviral for patients in hospital—and at home

"The Miami-based biotech is kicking off two phase 2 trials of its antiviral treatment, EIDD-2801: the first in hospitalized COVID-19 patients and the second in patients newly diagnosed with COVID-19 who are still at home. Both trials will pit a twice-daily dose of EIDD-2801 against placebo over five days to see whether the drug can clear the virus more quickly than placebo."

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/ridgeback-tests-covid-19-antiviral-for-patients-hospital-and-at-home

The cases have certainly been creeping back up there. Large increases in younger folks but once they infect others I expect the fatality rates will head back up as well.

7; people were fined $1200.00 over the past few days in Alberta. The fines were to people who entered Canada under the rules allowing transit through Canada to Alaska. These individuals weren’t enroute to Alaska simply sightseeing.They also didn’t comply with other restrictions.

I can’t find a link however I read an article yesterday where an American immigration lawyer stated he doesn't think the border would fully open (U.S. Canada) until year end.

Edited by diehardlionfan

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

The cases have certainly been creeping back up there. Large increases in younger folks but once they infect others I expect the fatality rates will head back up as well.

7; people were fined $1500.00 over the past few days in Alberta. The fines were to people who entered Canada under the rules allowing transit through Canada to Alaska. These individuals weren’t enroute to Alaska simply sightseeing.They also didn’t comply with other restrictions.

I can’t find a link however I read an article yesterday where an American immigration lawyer stated he doesn't think the border would fully open (U.S. Canada) until year end.

It's so weird to me that people are doing this just to get into Canada. I'm not saying that Canada isn't worth visiting, but the risk doesn't seem to outweigh the reward. It's not like America doesn't have plenty of its own natural beauty to be seen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

It's so weird to me that people are doing this just to get into Canada. I'm not saying that Canada isn't worth visiting, but the risk doesn't seem to outweigh the reward. It's not like America doesn't have plenty of its own natural beauty to be seen. 

Canada is part of America... America is not a country😏

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

7; people were fined $1500.00 over the past few days in Alberta. The fines were to people who entered Canada under the rules allowing transit through Canada to Alaska. These individuals weren’t enroute to Alaska simply sightseeing.They also didn’t comply with other restrictions.

We really need to hope that those who are vulnerable are continuing to isolate or, at the very least, people are being smart around them. Even if 50% of those youngsters socially distance around the vulnerable- it should make a difference. Fingers crossed...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't see why things would get bad in Texas. I mean it's not like they had a Lt. Governor pay the fine for a Salon Owner who openly defied the states closed shop and stay at home policy, which then showed every person in the state they could basically do whatever they wanted. I can't see ANY reason Texas would be hit worse than other states. 

Edited by seriously27
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

I don't see why things would get bad in Texas. I mean it's not like they had a Lt. Governor pay the fine for a Salon Owner who openly defied the states closed shop and stay at home policy, which then showed every person in the state they could basically do whatever they wanted. I can't see ANY reason Texas would be hit worse than other states. 

Awful. I'm still surprised at how many people think we can just go back to normal. There are examples all around the US that show us what happens when you push the boundaries too much. I had a debate with someone that the US should have acted like Sweden since their hospitals haven't been overrun, but f***, all you have to do is look down south and see how ugly things are getting. Last I checked- Arizona had to enact its emergency plan to deal with the surge of cases, and they're still a few weeks out from their peak. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

We really need to hope that those who are vulnerable are continuing to isolate or, at the very least, people are being smart around them. Even if 50% of those youngsters socially distance around the vulnerable- it should make a difference. Fingers crossed...

I hope you’re right.

I can’t speak to other areas but I’m certainly disappointed in mask wearing here. It also seems those that choose not to wear masks are ignoring social distancing rules. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I think those that behave this way simply don’t care. It’s about doing what they want.

One incident in Banff, a couple from Texas entered a restaurant (transiting rules are take out or drive through only) and were telling the waitress how easy it was to simply lie to the CBSA and then head to Banff. They had no intention of travelling to Alaska and were openly disregarding the rules. The waitress called the police and they received a 1200.00 fine and given instructions on how to return to the U.S. 

Whats truly unfortunate is how this will impact the border opening. There are many people desperate to reunite with friends and family who would observe rules that will be negatively impacted by these individuals. I think of mission in this regard. These folks from Texas have come from a hot spot. They entered a restaurant without masks in a small community which doesn’t have the infrastructure to handle an outbreak. It’s really short sighted and frankly selfish. 

The reality is that people who refuse to comply with safety measures will simply ensure the pandemic continues.

Sorry for rambling. We have folks living on each side of the border, married, living 10 minutes apart whose separation will simply be longer. We have areas where communities are separated by a ditch. So basically one community separated by metres. It’s really sad.