Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, what I've gathered through my less-than-amateur level of disease reading and how it spreads is that you're at significantly low risk outside or in large areas with few people.

The biggest risk is enclosed places and long periods in such enclosed places.  The more crowded the higher the risk. 

I feel generally safe right now.  I don't do crowded places.  I don't work in or stay in small areas. 

I feel like as long as I wear a mask while out in public and wash my hands frequently I am significantly low risk in getting it. 

Agreed. I've been all over the place here in Florida from gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, shopping plazas, and beaches. I wore the mask when needed or noticed elderly people. I've been tested twice for Covid and I'm clear. As long as you take necessary steps you'll be just fine. 

8 hours ago, Xenos said:

Does anyone know what this tweet is talking about? One of my friends posted it. The data seems off:

https://mobile.twitter.com/EthicalSkeptic/status/1301337996084621314

I have no idea what that means, but I would guess nothing since he also talks about how the pandemic is just a weapon to destroy small businesses for a globalist takeover.

Yeah, imagine how crazy that person must be to think that the global corporatist takeover didn’t already happen, as nearly every industry has a market concentration exceeding 90% among the ten largest competitors, and now instead of just engaging in anti-competitive practices (as usual), the global corporatists got together to make a pandemic to destroy small businesses.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, imagine how crazy that person must be to think that the global corporatist takeover didn’t already happen, as nearly every industry has a market concentration exceeding 90% among the ten largest competitors, and now instead of just engaging in anti-competitive practices (as usual), the global corporatists got together to make a pandemic to destroy small businesses.

LOL

I'm currently teaching about Robber Barons/Big Business during the Progressive Era/Gilded Age, and teaching about Trusts/Monopolies, while keeping a completely straight face, makes me a total pro. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I just can't imagine the big multi-billion dollar companies really care about the market share of the relatively small million dollar companies.  But maybe i'm underestimating the greed of some larger companies out there.

Looking at the CDCs numbers, we have over 100,000 deaths that are are presumed or Probable, technically only 70,000ish have been confirmed. Following up with that in the co-morbidities table, there’s 85,000 deaths in the “other section”. Looking up some of those ICD codes is pretty interesting. 

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

I just can't imagine the big multi-billion dollar companies really care about the market share of the relatively small million dollar companies.  But maybe i'm underestimating the greed of some larger companies out there.

I've always heard that from a societal "status" standpoint, the biggest gap is from the "rich" to the "very wealthy". Watching owners and players interact and those who try to show their status really proves this to be correct very often.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I've always heard that from a societal "status" standpoint, the biggest gap is from the "rich" to the "very wealthy". Watching owners and players interact and those who try to show their status really proves this to be correct very often.

I can’t remember the comedian that made the joke, but essentially it was Shaq is rich, but the guy who signs his paycheck is wealthy.

I don’t think people really grasp how much a billion dollars really is.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t remember the comedian that made the joke, but essentially it was Shaq is rich, but the guy who signs his paycheck is wealthy.

I don’t think people really grasp how much a billion dollars really is.

$1 Billion at a 7% interest (conservative return) will give you $70 Million a year, let alone if you compound that. It's really too bad that the Dolans can't afford Francisco Lindor's salary during this Covid crisis. 

• Like 2