FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

100% make that trade as the Raiders with how the board has played out and no one offering a trade down for 2020 picks. I'd have loved the Panther's 2020 second instead of their 2021second, but jimkelly02 said you spent that in a trade up already. Having that extra 2021 first would be very valuable next year either knowing Carr made the leap or not with our 2020 1st rounder Ceedee Lamb or not. If we stayed at 19 we likely would have gotten Jaylon Johnson and setting up 2021 is much better value. I think if we got the Panther's 2020 2nd instead of the 2021, we probably had a reasonable shot at landing Jaylon Johnson there. If we didn't sign Randall today McKinney or Delpit would have made sense.

Also Raider board is participating and we enjoy the compensation. Getting a future pick and talking about 2021 QB prospects and getting the idea floated is exciting, especially given we selected a first round pick already -- only issue from me is no 2020 compensation at all even late picks would have been fun adds.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, PR said:

That will be reset at the end of this draft... This is a one off-season league. Why does it matter what I do with the imaginary future picks? 

Oakland wants to use that to possibly jump into a QB sweepstakes next year. Well done.

You know the person I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole? Jordan Love. 

It matters in the context of building a sustainable contender. If the kid doesn't pan out you just lost your hypothetical job.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure, but I don't think the majority of the fun is stemming from how the picks are graded out by others. I think the fun is navigating the trades, making the picks. By that measure, he ostensibly just got a free first round pick that he and his forum can have some fun with when they look back at their draft class. 

It's not really a realistic trade in any measure because I doubt anyone is making it with those kind of future consequences, so may as well just grab the pick and have fun

I mean, I think the other side is making as bad a move myself, by essentially abstaining from the first round.  

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

It matters in the context of building a sustainable contender. If the kid doesn't pan out you just lost your hypothetical job.

Yeah, that's kinda my thing.  Otherwise, trading for future picks just feels cheap.

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

100% make that trade as the Raiders with how the board has played out and no one offering a trade down for 2020 picks. I'd have loved the Panther's 2020 second instead of their 2021second, but jimkelly02 said you spent that in a trade up already. Having that extra 2021 first would be very valuable next year either knowing Carr made the leap or not with our 2020 1st rounder Ceedee Lamb or not. If we stayed at 19 we likely would have gotten Jaylon Johnson and setting up 2021 is much better value. I think if we got the Panther's 2020 2nd instead of the 2021, we probably had a reasonable shot at landing Jaylon Johnson there. If we didn't sign Randall today McKinney or Delpit would have made sense.

Also Raider board is participating and we enjoy the compensation. Getting a future pick and talking about 2021 QB prospects and getting the idea floated is exciting, especially given we selected a first round pick already.

It's a no brainer trade to make in real life. I'd be  jealous if you made that trade in real life lol. But it's also not a trade I think happens in real life. He makes the trade here because why not? 

One of the disconnects between this game and real life application, obviously. 

Lis on your board, it's just a difference in philosophy on approaching ffmd. If you guys like that move, that's great!! That is what this is all about. Have fun with it. 

I just don't know that I've seen that before with a pick that early. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kirill said:

In my opinion Carolina's main weakness is defense at this current point in time. They just signed Bridgewater, they reloaded at WR, Ian Thomas is an up and coming TE. OLine and defense are Panthers main weaknesses. With these two picks I just slotted two day 1 starters. I've dropped the actual "need areas" down to three. OG, CB, DT. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, I think the other side is making as bad a move myself, by essentially abstaining from the first round.  

Yeah, that's kinda my thing.  Otherwise, trading for future picks just feels cheap.

Same. If this year was all that mattered I could have stacked the deck to the brim and no other team would even have a shot at the title.

3 minutes ago, PR said:

In my opinion Carolina's main weakness is defense at this current point in time. They just signed Bridgewater, they reloaded at WR, Ian Thomas is an up and coming TE. OLine and defense are Panthers main weaknesses. With these two picks I just slotted two day 1 starters. I've dropped the actual "need areas" down to three. OG, CB, DT. 

Raiders will trade you Gabe Jackson for a 2020 selection, hit us up again

Yeah real world that trade is very dumb...especially with the multiyear rebuild the Panthers seem to be doing.
Trading your chance to get Lawrence or Fields next year would be lambasted by most everyone.
A likely top 10 pick for safety like Xavier, don't get it. Giving up the 2nd too, I really don't get. 

But hey if both Warrooms are happy with it, go nuts. Makes this fun to see what irregular stuff people do.

Yeah, I've always believed that our goal in FFMD was to be the GM of a team for this offseason. In that regard, future picks absolutely matter.

(And, on that note: that's a great trade for the Raiders. Getting a likely high 2021 1st and 2nd from that team is a huge boost to the franchise.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

2 hours ago, PR said:

That will be reset at the end of this draft... This is a one off-season league. Why does it matter what I do with the imaginary future picks? 

Respectfully, using that rationale, the entirety of FFMD is imaginary: it's just a simulation on an internet football forum. Every element carries the same weight, from prospects to future picks. (And the results of FFMD II '20 will never be reset. They shall live forever.)

If, in the eyes of the FFMD overlords, future picks were irrelevant, they wouldn't be allowed to be traded. When one evaluates how good an off-season each team had, the status of future picks absolutely matters.

• Like 5