Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ny92mike

FFMD II '20 - Chicago Bears Front Office

Recommended Posts

Welcome to FFMD 2020

Attention Moderators:  We are requesting that you priority pin this thread. @Madmike90

ffmd2mock.png

FFMD II '20 - Official Workbook

FFMD II '20 - League Discussion Thread / Guidelines

Sign Up Thread is Located in the GM Mock Draft forum.

CLICK HERE TO BE DIRECTED

giphy.gif

FFMD WANTS YOU....

The sign up process officially begins on Wed, March 25th but if you're feeling froggy feel free to sign up now.  Providing we have an adequate number of members signed up, we'll end the GM hunt on March 31st.  If you are interested in contributing to the successful relaunch of FFMD, we encourage you to join by submitting your request for either General Manager, Creative Writer and Draft Analyst by heading to the signup thread in the GM Mock Draft forum.

Schedule of Events - Eastern Time Zone

  • General Manager (GM) & Creative Writer (CW) Sign Up Open - Wed, March 25th @ 10:00 AM

  • GM & CW Sign Up Close - Tues, March 31st @ 12:00 PM (noon)

  • GM Announcement - Tues, March 31st @ 8:00 PM

  • NFL Team Rosters Locked & Cap Finalized - Thur, April 1st

  • NFL Draft Begins - Fri, April 3rd @ 9:00 AM

FFMD is a forum-wide GM mock draft designed to give the members of the site a fun way to pass the time during the dry spells of the offseason taking place April 1st and takes us to just a few days of the irl NFL draft.  There were two versions of this mock, however we will only be operating version 2. FFMD II, consists of a full 7 round mock draft with the ability to trade picks and/or players without the stress of a salary cap or the confusion of a free agency.  Current free agents, not signed by another team by Apr. 1st are relocated back to the original team.

To encourage membership at the GM level our plan is to reduce the typical workload previously required of the general manager.  We will be doing the following which in theory will provide you with more time to communicate with your group and not having to worry about keeping track or collecting information.  We hope that these changes will encourage you to join the FFMD experience.

  • The “League Office” will post the initial discussion thread aka team war room within each team sub forum.  This provides everyone regardless of their level of interest looking at it with all the information they’ll need to participate in a structured format.  We’ll ask that each moderator assigned to their team forum pin this war room thread so that it remains at the top of the thread.

    • This war room post will be titled FFMD II ‘20 - [Team Name] Front Office.

      • It will contain links to the primary discussion thread housed in the GM Mock Draft sub forum.

      • Guidelines

      • Important dates (schedule)

      • League workbook (described below) 

  • A single google doc workbook is used to keep track of everything FFMD, which will house the following information.  

    • Draft board / Draft Order

      • Used to list and track available and selected draftees.

        • This has been used in both tcmd, bdl and other GM mocks for several years with great success.

    • Team Roster sheets for all 32 teams designed to display and track every transaction.  Both tcmd and bdl have used something very similar in the past and this will be a much more simplified version of those workbooks.

      • Roster data is collected by us.

      • Important information is displayed and updated automatically.

  • In the past, only the GM and a coGM were the only ones permitted to seek trades from other members.  Now any member of your group is allowed to seek out trade inquiries that can be delivered to your war room for debate and vote on.  

As the GM your responsibilities are a bit more involved than other members within your front office therefore your final vote in which players are selected during the draft and finalizing trades does carry a little more weight, after all you are the General Manager.  So for example, if you have a couple different options for an upcoming pick and the war room is split on which player to take as the GM it’s your responsibility to make the final decision. 

General Managers or an elected member within your front office are required to post each transaction you make within the League Office thread.  We will update the workbook based on the data posted.

General Manager Best Practices

  • Be a leader not a dictator.

  • Listen to the feedback & suggestions from all participating members of your front office.

  • Keep your war room thread informed

    • Create discussions early on items such as “team needs” so that everyone within your group is on the same page.

    • Stay on top of the action by starting the discussion early enough that your front office has the necessary time to discuss various options.

    • Give your front office more control to scout for potential trades.

@EaglesPeteC - Commish

@ny92mike - League Office Lead

@Counselor - FFMD Board

@Packerraymond - FFMD Board

@MikeT14 - FFMD Board

@mountainpd - FFMD Board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long story short, a group of us have worked hard to bring FFMD back. We'd love to see your forum get involved and give it a fair shot. Hit me up if you have questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Long story short, a group of us have worked hard to bring FFMD back. We'd love to see your forum get involved and give it a fair shot. Hit me up if you have questions

The draft is live, then? That would most likely leave me, personally, out of substantial involvement--but that may be for the best anyhow. xD

Who drafts for the Bears if we don't participate? How does the notebook work? There's a lot of info up there, but there are still some questions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

The draft is live, then? That would most likely leave me, personally, out of substantial involvement--but that may be for the best anyhow. xD

Who drafts for the Bears if we don't participate? How does the notebook work? There's a lot of info up there, but there are still some questions...

The draft will have time slots and span a few weeks leading up to the draft. You'll know well in advance when you need to be on to make picks. If you know you wont be available for a pick you can assign an assistant to make the pick for you.

There are fans of other teams that just like to mock draft that didn't get their desired team that would take the lead for you. But anyone is free to give their opinions on moves for the GM to take into consideration.

The doc really will just help everyone keep track of who has been drafted, what players are available via trade and teams depth charts.

 

Thanks for your interest. Let me know if you have any more questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I might give a shot to kill some time. I've never done one of these but I always had a slight interest in it. These and BDL.

My only concern would be time. I can usually only get on here at nights when I'm working (some times I get more free time than others). Although right now that's not really a problem considering the circumstances -- may end up losing my business.

I'll have to look into it more about how it works and all that but yeah I'll consider it. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I might give a shot to kill some time. I've never done one of these but I always had a slight interest in it. These and BDL.

My only concern would be time. I can usually only get on here at nights when I'm working (some times I get more free time than others). Although right now that's not really a problem considering the circumstances -- may end up losing my business.

I'll have to look into it more about how it works and all that but yeah I'll consider it. 

From what was posted, the time involved in all of it is far from clear. I'll have to click a link. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I can do it.

Cool! I summoned everyone cuz I thought it might be fun. And it involves stuff that we spend half of our time on here talking about anyway?

I saw an NFL.com mock today that actually had Delpit fall to the Bears at 43. And then Brycen Hopkins being there at the next pick, and the Bears grabbing him. I find this scenario unlikely. But if Delpit is there--does Pace (or YOU, I suppose) have to take him? Ditto with Hopkins? The same mock had Anae of Utah available at 43. Should that be a no-brainer, then? Maybe cut Mingo in that scenario? (Or not...money is low.) 

As GM, how are you looking at things as far as the second round goes? Will you attempt a trade down (it's permitted) with one of the other GMs, as you often put forth in your mock threads?

My view, with QB settled, CB settled enough, TE what it is, and the S situation decent, but not solid, I think maybe best OL at 43, then if a speed WR is at 50--go there. Things change if Anae, Delpit, or Hopkins are actually available with any of our picks. Maybe? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Cool! I summoned everyone cuz I thought it might be fun. And it involves stuff that we spend half of our time on here talking about anyway?

I saw an NFL.com mock today that actually had Delpit fall to the Bears at 43. And then Brycen Hopkins being there at the next pick, and the Bears grabbing him. I find this scenario unlikely. But if Delpit is there--does Pace (or YOU, I suppose) have to take him? Ditto with Hopkins? The same mock had Anae of Utah available at 43. Should that be a no-brainer, then? Maybe cut Mingo in that scenario? (Or not...money is low.) 

As GM, how are you looking at things as far as the second round goes? Will you attempt a trade down (it's permitted) with one of the other GMs, as you often put forth in your mock threads?

My view, with QB settled, CB settled enough, TE what it is, and the S situation decent, but not solid, I think maybe best OL at 43, then if a speed WR is at 50--go there. Things change if Anae, Delpit, or Hopkins are actually available with any of our picks. Maybe? 

 

I know you didn't ask me but:

If Delpit is there, yes. You run the card up there.

Hopkins along with every TE had a pretty average combine. I don't think he's worth it at 50 and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he's there for some teams in the 4th or 5th.

Anae is very strong but athletically he isn't where you'd like to see him. I think at 43 with the addition of Quinn, EDGE is out of the question in round 2 unless someone special slips (Epenesa, Chaisson).

Edited by beardown3231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I know you didn't ask me but:

If Delpit is there, yes. You run the card up there.

Hopkins along with every TE had a pretty average combine. I don't think he's worth it at 50 and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he's there for some teams in the 4th or 5th.

Anae is very strong but athletically he isn't where you'd like to see him. I think at 43 with the addition of Quinn, EDGE is out of the question in round 2 unless someone special slips (Epenesa, Chaisson).

Well, I "summoned" you, but Windy has volunteered to be the GM, so unless there is a dispute over that, we'll forge ahead. But, as per the draft dudes' suggestion, we're the GMs scouts and whatnot...so all of our opinions should be put forth. 

I like Anae. A lot. However, I agree with you. I'd also put Chaisson in Anae's category as far as a pick goes. With the addition of Quinn, I can't see taking an edge at 43, unless it's Epenesa. 

I also think the Graham signing pretty much scuttles a TE in the second. That sucks, but that's out of our hands. There are compelling arguments to be made that I'm wrong about that. And we need to hear them.

I know Windy's inclination is to trade down from one of the picks. Right now, thinking about it, (AGAIN)...Delpit, if he's there. One of the quality WRs, if he's there. Otherwise, the best two OL fellows on the board, provided one is a tackle. I'll have to look over WR prospects, and other mock drafts, again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 10:46 PM, soulman said:

Not for me.  Not an FF type.

This a pure mock draft though, isn't it? Not constructing a fantasy team, or anything? That's how I read it, anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×