Sign in to follow this  
Starless

Who would have won Super Bowl LII if the Jaguars held on against the Patriots?

if SB52 was Jaguars v. Eagles, who wins?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. if SB52 was Jaguars v. Eagles, who wins?

• Jaguars
    • Eagles

Eagles by 50. The Jags overachieved to get to the CCG. Foles was a man possessed in that run. Nothing was stopping that Eagles squad. 

People are overrating Foles' run but the Eagles still win. Their oline was dominate and the refs are pretty lenient with offensive holding in the superbowl (particularly that crew, both olines were bearhugging the defense, which is why it was a shootout). The Jags had the defense to win an any given Sunday type game but more often than not the Eagles win that game.

It took me a good 3 months to get over that loss to the Pats. The 3rd and 18 conversion was an absolute heartbreaker. 

Our D was filthy but the Eagles would have won. 

Eagles. I have a hard time believing that the Jaguars would have been focused heading into the Super Bowl. They were acting like they won at halftime against the Pats.

12 hours ago, Malik said:

Eagles. I have a hard time believing that the Jaguars would have been focused heading into the Super Bowl. They were acting like they won at halftime against the Pats.

If only our coach acted like someone who wanted to keep winning

I mean we shredded the vaunted Vikings D 2 weeks before. Pittsburgh shredded Jax even worse in the divisional round. Not like we'd have to score 41 points either considering we'd be going up against Blake Bortles instead of Tom Brady. I see no reason the Eagles wouldn't be favored, and the expected winner, in this hypothetical matchup.

Now it's not like we were a juggernaut, so it's definitely possible the Jags could have beaten us, but so could most playoff teams vs eventual SB winner in any given year unless we're dealing with a historically dominant team.

the eagles were the better well rounded team but i'd back the jags on an any given sunday game

just like how it's ignorant to say that "the eagles had nick foles for that run lolololo", given foles was superb for that time, "the jags had bortles lolololo" is also a pretty silly remark given bortles was a serviceable game manager who made plays through the air and on the ground when required for the jags for that year