Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

Just now, kempus said:

Ndombele, Clarke, Lo Celso and Sessegnon is a very solid transfer window. Managing to shift Janssen, Trippier and hopefully N'Koudou is another bonus. However, can't help but feel slightly underwhelmed when we were being linked with the likes of Dybala and Coutinho. 

We are still woefully poor at FB and have the probable departures of Alderweireld, Eriksen (if we don't sell him to Europe in the next few weeks) and possibly Vertonghen (if we don't extend him), next season. Thats 3 of our most important players. 

We spent, but not a massive amount. Net spend is probably 60-70 or so million pounds. Thats not a lot given we just made the Champions league final and hadn't bought anyone for 3 transfer windows. I think top 4 is going to be a battle this season. Arsenal clearly improved and United too. 

United did improve but their team is still much worse than Tottenham. Maybe next year they can challenge y'all but I just don't see it happening this year. Chelsea is in a rebuild type mode so I really think the top 4 is set with Citeh, Liverpool, Tottenham, then Arsenal. 

9 minutes ago, teamorange said:

United did improve but their team is still much worse than Tottenham. Maybe next year they can challenge y'all but I just don't see it happening this year. Chelsea is in a rebuild type mode so I really think the top 4 is set with Citeh, Liverpool, Tottenham, then Arsenal. 

Perphaps, my reservation is that I don't think we improved enough. Or at all if Eriksen leaves. Sessegnon, and obviously Clarke, won't have an impact this year. I love Ndombele, and I've read good things about Lo Celso, but we are still poor in a few key areas. FB and striker depth being the most obvious. We are in the middle of a squad reshaping, which obviously can't be done in one transfer window, I just wish we had made that massive statement signing. 

20M euro loan fee with 120M euro option to buy after this year.  Barca certainly seems to have made out well on the deal, but we desperately needed attacking options and seeing Sane injure his ACL wrecked that transfer for the time being.  If Coutinho shows out well this year and plays up to his talent level, 120M is a fair price for him.

Of course, rumors are swirling that we have our eye on Kai Havertz for the #10 next year, so who knows at this point.

Robert Lewandowski has got to be pleased with this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 10:57 PM, The LBC said:

Err... Villa just paid 20M (25M w/ add-ons) for Tyrone Mings who played all of what?  < 20 matches  in 4 years for Bournemouth before injuring his knee and 1 of those was the match where he picked up a 5-match ban for stamping on Zlatan.  So that probably answers that question for you.

Mings called up to England 😉

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

A saga that has lasted for a year is over.  Leroy Sane will officially join Bayern for a 45M euro fee plus add ons.  Sane will sign a five year deal.

Sane to sign with Bayern

I've been hoping for this transfer for a long time.  Top class wing talent who has been productive at City and fills a big need on the wing (and being German is a bonus for a big German team like Bayern).  We had a lot of factors play in our favor for a lower fee such as his injury, him refusing an extension from City, and City facing a potential 2 year ban from CL.  Bayern are also sniffing around Kai Havertz, but we have more competition for him and he has a larger transfer fee attached to him.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

A saga that has lasted for a year is over.  Leroy Sane will officially join Bayern for a 45M euro fee plus add ons.  Sane will sign a five year deal.

Sane to sign with Bayern

I've been hoping for this transfer for a long time.  Top class wing talent who has been productive at City and fills a big need on the wing (and being German is a bonus for a big German team like Bayern).  We had a lot of factors play in our favor for a lower fee such as his injury, him refusing an extension from City, and City facing a potential 2 year ban from CL.  Bayern are also sniffing around Kai Havertz, but we have more competition for him and he has a larger transfer fee attached to him.

Relieved that this is finally over. An attack of Sané, Lewandowski, Müller, and Gnabry should be quite potent

On 6/30/2020 at 6:33 PM, roysmyboy31 said:

Sane to sign with Bayern

Any truth to the rumours you might sell Thiago? Liverpool have been linked but it sounds like rubbish to me

8 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Any truth to the rumours you might sell Thiago? Liverpool have been linked but it sounds like rubbish to me

It is very possible.  I do not want to lose him, but it seems he wants to have a new challenge.  Not much we can do if the players wants to leave.  We just need to get a good fee for him.

Thiago wants to leave Bayern Munich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...