2020 Draft Thread

holt_bruce81

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Grow up. Not our faults ESPN/NFL Network are slow. It's the information that is the most important part, not the source.

For the pick, I wanted the DObbins, but I'm OK with Akers. WIll be a good compliment to Henderson.

Maybe we’d rather hear it from the broadcast. It’s not hard to not spill it before it’s announced.

I’ll leave it at that. Not worth getting into a big spat over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flatlyner said:

Most believe it was a reach that could have been had in 3rd.  Most had Moss and Dobbins above him as well, and they still sit undrafted.  Thats why I'm not 100% behind the pick. Hope I'm wrong.

Well the team had their pick and chose Akers so they clearly preferred him.

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Yes. But just maybe they favor him. I would have preferred a trade down tbh. It’s a need but not that much that we waste a prime pick. Maybe he pans out but man! Makes you wonder wtf. 

It might work. I just don't know how the conclusion about last year was the issue was the RBs. The OL was brutal in run blocking all year. 

• Like 1

Just now, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

That’s just best case scenario though. Like realistically what are the chances lol. 

In McVay scheme the realistic chances are great. They legit took CJA off the street and he help carry the Rams to the Superbowl. So lets wait to see Akers along with Henderson do. Neither are big names but Henderson at the time was by some the 2nd best back in the draft and Akers was a top 5 back in this class too. Not saying passing on Dobbins and Moss isnt great but again Ill give the Rams the benefit of the doubt just because a few years ago I was bummed they passed on JuJu and took Kupp a round later and they struck gold. Thats all Im saying. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

In McVay scheme the realistic chances are great. They legit took CJA off the street and he help carry the Rams to the Superbowl. So lets wait to see Akers along with Henderson do. Neither are big names but Henderson at the time was by some the 2nd best back in the draft and Akers was a top 5 back in this class too. Not saying passing on Dobbins and Moss isnt great but again Ill give the Rams the benefit of the doubt just because a few years ago I was bummed they passed on JuJu and took Kupp a round later and they struck gold. Thats all Im saying. 

Moss has a lot of tread on his tires. Injury and wear and tear. Akers was behind a trash oline and was a 1,000 yard rusher multiple times.

Edited by LARams91
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, LARams91 said:

Moss has a lot of tread on his tires. Injury and wear and tear. Akers was behind a trash oline and was a 1,000 yard rusher multiple times.

This was one of the reasons why I had Akers rated higher than Moss.

• Like 2

Just now, The LBC said:

This was one of the reasons why I had Akers rated higher than Moss.

Would I have taken Dobbins? Maybe. But the coaching staff and front office prefer Cam Akers. I can't argue. Darrell Henderson and him will be a great duo.

Just now, Flatlyner said:

I'm really hoping this is Baun or Gay here.  Immediate starters.

I'm cool with that. I've come to terms with us not getting Jones because I'm pretty sure they would've taken him at 52 if they really wanted him. 

Baun, Gay, or Mims would all be good.