2020 Draft Thread

holt_bruce81

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

My complaint is that I feel like we could have traded down and gotten both guys. Van will ball in our scheme. He fits it well and runs great routes. I think I'm more disappointed because the super talented guys went earlier. Dunno. Van will do well. Just doesn't feel like a HR. Feels like a double. But I guess I need to take what I can get.

The talk is Van was going to go in the second. He was getting too much talk in the third so consensus was second round.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Seems that way but then again the interior oline is what the Rams need and how many interior offensive lineman were taken? So I think the Rams could still get one. I think though the main thing for the Rams is development. Corbett, Evans, Edwards, Allen, and Noteboom all just need to develop. Cant just rush out every draft and take an oline guy without seeing the development of the ones you already have. 

Hopefully the continuity will benefit the group and a healthy Noteboom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I don't mind either of the picks, but I hate where we got them. Jefferson could've been had in the 3rd or with a trade down, and Akers would've made it at least to 57. 

We don't know that? lmao yeah we mock draft these guys for 4 months and we assume that's where they should go, but the real people who make decisions decide otherwise.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I don't mind either of the picks, but I hate where we got them. Jefferson could've been had in the 3rd or with a trade down, and Akers would've made it at least to 57. 

Sorry, but you don't know that with either of those values.  There was a run on RB's right after we took Akers, so you can't say with certainty he'd have been that at 57.  And there were plenty of WR-needy teams picking ahead of us in the 3rd.  Meanwhile, there was only Tyler Johnson at WR who I would have felt near as comfortable with their route-running proficiency, which it's pretty clear McVay prioritizes.

1 minute ago, I <3 Faulk said:

We make our money scoring. I know we need a LB, but the Rams outscore people. Making sure our offense is a well oiled machine is what's most important. 

This is true, but you need a good offensive line whether you run or pass.

We had a great offensive line and went to the Superbowl. The next season it was weak and we missed the playoffs. I honestly believe it's a simple as that. 

• Like 1