Day 1 Draft Discussion

Ragnarok

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

The 49ers have three picks left, next pick at 156. Likely gonna leave the draft with Kinlaw and Aiyuk as their main assets. 

We good. Maybe we trade a player for a day 3 pick but if not use those 3 picks to add depth at OL and the secondary. We have a few guys from last yrs draft that were hurt will add to the mix(Jalen Hurd/Tim Harris) this yr.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I meant the comparison of CEH and Trung Candidate as luxury picks as the last pick of the 1st round by the SB champions built around an already unstoppable offense. I guess that's my fault for not making that more clear.

I didn't think it was too difficult to understand

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Hasn't shown serious decline?  He's been remarkably human the last two years.  I don't know which Rodgers you've been watching.  Queen was a two-down LB who is going to get ran over in the run game.  I had Blacklock as a guy that I thought the Packers would be interested, but clearly according to Gute Love was the last player they had a first round grades.

Well this is objective. Personally I think a 51 to 6 TD/INT ratio is serviceable over that time but I guess it doesnt cut it.

We all realize he isnt the clear cut best QB anymore but hes easily top 5 still. BUt hey, im glad youre happy with the pick, just bout every rival fan is happy with your pick too. The overwhelming likelihood is that if/when Love hits the field there will be a significant drop off compared to rodgers play. Why try and put the team over the top while theyre already playoff caliber when you can just plan for 2-3 years down the road?

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Well this is objective. Personally I think a 51 to 6 TD/INT ratio is serviceable over that time but I guess it doesnt cut it.

We all realize he isnt the clear cut best QB anymore but hes easily top 5 still. BUt hey, im glad youre happy with the pick, just bout every rival fan is happy with your pick too. The overwhelming likelihood is that if/when Love hits the field there will be a significant drop off compared to rodgers play. Why try and put the team over the top while theyre already playoff caliber when you can just plan for 2-3 years down the road?

Personally, I like ANY/A if I'm using a single stat to summarize a player.  Rodgers this year was 11th in ANY/A at 6.71.  Just for context, he's only had two full seasons with a lower ANY/A (2008 and 2015).  His career average is 7.29, so it's not like he's terribly off.  But it's inflated by his ridiculously low INT%.  He had an INT% last year of 0.7%, and the year before that was 0.3%.  His career average is 1.4%.

He's not an elite QB the last two years.  He's still a damn good one, but this isn't Rodgers from yesteryear.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Personally, I like ANY/A if I'm using a single stat to summarize a player.  Rodgers this year was 11th in ANY/A at 6.71.  Just for context, he's only had two full seasons with a lower ANY/A (2008 and 2015).  His career average is 7.29, so it's not like he's terribly off.  But it's inflated by his ridiculously low INT%.  He had an INT% last year of 0.7%, and the year before that was 0.3%.  His career average is 1.4%.

He's not an elite QB the last two years.  He's still a damn good one, but this isn't Rodgers from yesteryear.

no one said he was? I would like an answer here, and then ill stop the back and forth as its somewhat moving away from the initial point. Where do you rank Rodgers in the QB hierarchy? 3, 4, 11?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

no one said he was? I would like an answer here, and then ill stop the back and forth as its somewhat moving away from the initial point. Where do you rank Rodgers in the QB hierarchy? 3, 4, 11?

In terms of talent, he's still a top 3 QB.  But he's not playing as a top 3 QB.  There are guys who played significantly better last year, who realistically aren't going to be playing at that same level.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Rodgers is like the 12th best QB now, IMO.

Without going through it too much, I'd say he's probably in that 4-8 range.  Mahomes is clearly the top QB right now.  Brees is still playing at an elite level, but he's got one foot in retirement.  Tannehill isn't playing at that level again next year.  You'd probably take Lamar Jackson and DeShaun Watson all things considered over Rodgers.  Stafford is probably one of the more underrated QBs, but he's a walking injury concern.  Russell Wilson is probably ahead of Rodgers at this point.

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

No way. I'll try and be generous here. Mahomes. Jackson. Wilson.

Maybe Watson? Brees. 

Then you're stretching to try and include Brady, Wentz, Prescott, Ryan. That's to 10. And again, being very generous trying to come up with names. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

In terms of talent, he's still a top 3 QB.  But he's not playing as a top 3 QB.  There are guys who played significantly better last year, who realistically aren't going to be playing at that same level.

5 is fairish. who are the others? i hope we are all smart enough to base it off a significabt sample and  not include tannehill who as of now seems flukey.

ad that was my point,if rosgers is still 5 or 6 then the decline has been that bad. 

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Without going through it too much, I'd say he's probably in that 4-8 range.  Mahomes is clearly the top QB right now.  Brees is still playing at an elite level, but he's got one foot in retirement.  Tannehill isn't playing at that level again next year.  You'd probably take Lamar Jackson and DeShaun Watson all things considered over Rodgers.  Stafford is probably one of the more underrated QBs, but he's a walking injury concern.  Russell Wilson is probably ahead of Rodgers at this point.

All of this is fair. I forgot about Lamar Jackson tbh, I think that's a complicated discussion but Baltimore would probably stick with Jackson over Rodgers. Don't know why Stafford or Tannehill were even brought up, those teams would trade for Rodgers straight up in a heartbeat. I would definitely take Wilson over Rodgers at this point, sadly.

26 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

lol