Day 1 Draft Discussion

Ragnarok

5 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Reid thinks he’s better than Brian Westbrook, and he’s a better fit for the Chiefs than either of those guys. 

His lateral agility is ELITE, easily. The guys vision is so good he finds holes and squeezes through. Great burst, elite receiving ability.

29 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

CEH as RB #1 is a gross overdraft IMO. He is good, but over Swift and Dobbins? That’s crazy. He was at best, the #4 RB for me. Not enough juice for me. No great physical traits. 

Yeah man 

CEH is a beast

Go watch the Alabama or Florida games and tell me CEH isn't a first round pick 

Put him with Mahomes is going to be beautiful he's going to have 1000 yards 45 catches for 450 a year 10-14 total TDs

get ready 

• Like 3

I thought it was a phenomenal pick by the Chiefs. It gives them toughness and even more swagger, along with the obvious versatility. He is going to be an immediate fan favorite.

The moronic thing for that franchise to do would have been to make pathetic attempts to patch the defense, instead of arrogantly assigning more and more emphasis to scoring as many points as possible.

Deal with this, NFL. That's what the Chiefs are saying, and properly so.

Edwards-Helaire doesn't have ideal speed. But none of the other backs are extra special. Being picked first among this lot is hardly surprising. 

Edited by Awsi Dooger

So what was the reaction in here to the Arnette pick lol. Probably a lot of shock, reach memes, etc.

I’ve warmed up to it. Considering Okudah didn’t follow teams #1 WR’s, and they played sides, Arnette played a lot of top WRs. And he had the 3rd lowest passer rating in man coverage in college football. He’s a physical press guy, great coverage, and a dog. 

Biggest concerns are the 4.56 speed and 30” Arm Length though. He’s gonna need a solid Safety Tandem like Richard Sherman had (also ran a 4.56). 

He might end up just becoming Top-Tier Nickel CB (he projects to the inside extremely well) but we’re definitely gonna test him on the outside for a year or 2. 

Not denying that it was an Epic Reach though. Probably woulda been there at 35-40. However, we don’t have another pick until 80. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 4

Day 1

Best Values
Isaiah Simmons at 8 to ARI
CeeDee Lamb at 17 to DAL
Patrick Queen at 28 to BAL

Biggest Reaches
Justin Herbert at 6 TO LAC
Austin Jackson at 18 to MIA
Jordan Love at 26 to GB

Best Fits
Joe Burrow at 1 to CIN
Andrew Thomas at 4 to NYG
Clyde Edwards-Helaire at 32 to KC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Man, I can't wrap my head around that Chargers trade back into the 1st for Murray. Really weird move. 

Not really. He fills a huge need at LB 

12 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Day 1

Best Values
Isaiah Simmons at 8 to ARI
CeeDee Lamb at 17 to DAL
Patrick Queen at 28 to BAL

Biggest Reaches
Justin Herbert at 6 TO LAC
Austin Jackson at 18 to MIA
Jordan Love at 26 to GB

Best Fits
Joe Burrow at 1 to CIN
Andrew Thomas at 4 to NYG
Clyde Edwards-Helaire at 32 to KC

How is Herbert a reach at six? He was routinely mocked as the 3rd QB taken off the board which he was. 

• Like 1