Day 1 Draft Discussion

Ragnarok

Isaiah Simmons was a great pick for the Cardinals. Hate how all the analysts want to jump up with the o-line hot takes when their main issue wasn't on the oline but actually on the defense when it came to covering tight ends. they had six tight ends clock over 100 yards against them lol and some of them werent even that good (t.j hockenson)

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

also i hate the "next time tua gets hit itll be by a nfl defender... 350lbs.... he's done" takes im seeing all over social media, 350lbs dudes dont exist in college? id honestly argue it's better to be hit by a nfl dline man because they are taught better tackling techniques, silly silly takes, its on the same level as "kyler murray cant see over his oline!" like oline men arent 6'4'' in college lol

40 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

My first thought after the CEH pick was Trung Candidate.

Seems like a horrible comparison. Candidate was nearly a half foot taller at a similar weight, had great top end speed, and didn't do much in the receiving game. CEH is a very compact player much like Maurice Jones-Drew was and constantly bounces off would be tacklers with his stout frame and low center of gravity, he also has crazy change of direction skills with limited top end speed, and is a quality receiving option out of the backfield. I just don't see the comparison at all. Basically CEH appears to be a very talented RB, Candidate not so much.

Edited by tyler735

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

Being honest, I don't see where that views him as being a franchise QB.  That views him as being "a hope that he's a franchise QB."  Viewing him as being an FQB is making the commitment that KC (at minimum) made to Patty M when they drafted him.  This strikes me as purely speculative.

You don't draft a QB if you don't think there's a very good chance he's a franchise QB.  It's a waste of resources.  You're not drafting a player with the intention of being a backup.  The Packers have under Gute and Gute have only traded up three times in or into the first round since Thompson took over.  Only one of those was a move up from their original pick.  That's a pretty strong indicator that there is a philosophical mantra that keeps them from trading up.  The Packers could have dealt ALL of their picks this year, and it would have only gotten them to the ~17th pick.  Not sure why there has to be a significant jump.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You don't draft a QB if you don't think there's a very good chance he's a franchise QB.  It's a waste of resources.  You're not drafting a player with the intention of being a backup.  The Packers have under Gute and Gute have only traded up three times in or into the first round since Thompson took over.  Only one of those was a move up from their original pick.  That's a pretty strong indicator that there is a philosophical mantra that keeps them from trading up.  The Packers could have dealt ALL of their picks this year, and it would have only gotten them to the ~17th pick.  Not sure why there has to be a significant jump.

Gutekunst has traded up in round 1 every year since he actually took control

36 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Oh GB... this looks worse.

Not sure how that's the case.  We don't know which other teams were interested in Love.  And it's not like they dealt much.  They gave up a late fourth round pick to ensure they got their guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Day 1

Best Values
Isaiah Simmons at 8 to ARI
CeeDee Lamb at 17 to DAL
Patrick Queen at 28 to BAL

Biggest Reaches
Justin Herbert at 6 TO LAC
Austin Jackson at 18 to MIA
Jordan Love at 26 to GB

Best Fits
Joe Burrow at 1 to CIN
Andrew Thomas at 4 to NYG
Clyde Edwards-Helaire at 32 to KC

seahawks taking brooks and the dolphins taking that cb were the biggest reaches to me.