Day 1 Draft Discussion

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

Unpopular opinion:

Considering the circumstances, this went very well and I'm glad it happened.

Absolutely agree.  I think the picks for the most part were already in because of concerns around IT issues, and they just dragged it on with commercials.  Though that is probably in part to give them more time in case there were any technology issues.  

25 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, but there is always a risk of tearing a knee or another season-ending injury and then being a 3rd round pick.  

Also, while Matt Luke is a very good OL coach, Sam Pittman is gone, and that's a season where you are playing with a new coach, and a young offensive line and a new QB.  Sometimes that borderline first round grade is what matters for the player. 

Matt Luke is not a good OL Coach. He's good at recruiting, but he's not good at developing players. Pittman was a huge loss. I couldn't be happier to see him go.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Kareem Hunt? I don’t think CEH is anywhere near that talented. Maybe as a receiver, definitely not as a runner. 

More so a bowling ball that breaks tackles and doesn't fumble is more the "type" Im meaning. Although nobody thought a ton of KH since he was taken in the 3rd round

Love the Igbinoghene fit with Miami, he's a quality slot corner and they needed that to round out their CBs. Mad props to Minnesota for working the board and taking a player at 31 that they almost certainly were going to take at 25.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

My only gripe about Herbert is no qb 6'6 has ever been good in NFL history. I love his physical tools, his personality is different than Rivers and maybe that is what Chargers need. He needs to work on staring down receivers, but outside that... he is just too tall.

Joe Flacco and Matt Schaub aren't exactly anyone's idea of elite (except maybe to Joe Flacco), but they both had very good careers. I don't think he's a lost cause just because of the height.

I wonder if guys that tall tend to get pushed into basketball instead of football, too.

• Like 1