1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

15 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

JSN at 15 would be lovely.  Feels reminiscent of when we dreamt of Justin Jefferson falling to us in 2020 except this time we might get our guy.

Watson, Doubs and JSN would be a helluva WR trio going fwd.

Don't sleep on my boy Toure ;)

I'd like JSN...Feels like with losing Lazard/Big dog potentially they will need some bigger guys who can do the dirty work as well.

28 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

That doesn't apply to football. How many qbs sat behind Tom Brady with the greatest coach ever and turned into nothing? Rodgers was generational talent had way more to do with his success than watching Favre. He certainly learned things by watching Favre but his arm talent and mind for the game was the biggest factor in his success. 

Are you really saying our institution made Rodgers the player he is and it's all but a guarantee for Love? That's absurd. 

It wasn't all GB.  Nor was it all Rodgers.  It was a combination.

Which is kind of what we are hoping for now.  We took a QB before we needed one.  We trained him and he learned from one of the best.

It is a better blueprint for getting quality QB play than draft one high and play him right away.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Don't sleep on my boy Toure ;)

I'd like JSN...Feels like with losing Lazard/Big dog potentially they will need some bigger guys who can do the dirty work as well.

It cracks me up how JSN is now being talked about like he's good but not great when 2 yrs ago they were saying he was better than Olave and Wilson lol.  

Toure taking a leap would be great news too.

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It wasn't all Rodgers.  Nor was it all Rodgers.  It was a combination.

Which is kind of what we are hoping for now.  We took a QB before we needed one.  We trained him and he learned from one of the best.

It is a better blueprint for getting quality QB play than draft one high and play him right away.

Of course it's a combination for any player of any team. The point being you can give them all the tools but if they don't have the ability it doesn't matter. To say Love is going to be a special player because he's in our building is absurd. Especially since it's completely different coaching staffs, GMs etc

Edited by PackFan13

11 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Of course it's a combination for any player of any team. The point being you can give them all the tools but if they don't have the ability it doesn't matter. To say Love is going to be a special player because he's in our building is absurd. Especially since it's completely different coaching staffs, GMs etc

No.  It isn't silly.

Love has arm talent.  Anyone can see that if they watch him throw.  He's got size.  And he's got movement.

What happened was he got to learn from Rodgers.  Not all of them get to watch a great one work.  In fact, he got to watch a QB work and win 2 MVP's in a row.

That's not a little thing.  

He also got Clemmens for a year, and now he gets him again.

Again, that is no little thing.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No.  It isn't silly.

Love has arm talent.  Anyone can see that if they watch him throw.  He's got size.  And he's got movement.

What happened was he got to learn from Rodgers.  Not all of them get to watch a great one work.  In fact, he got to watch a QB work and win 2 MVP's in a row.

That's not a little thing.  

He also got Clemmens for a year, and now he gets him again.

Again, that is no little thing.

Not to jump into yours and Pacfan13's discussion but i would also add in the coaching. Favre had Holmgren and AR had Fatmac. Both were really good at making QB's. MM had allot of infuence on QB's and his QB school was huge for AR i think. Arm talent was there and the brain, but his technique was terrible, his footwark was awful. MM helped him with that. Holmie helpd BF rein in the fast ball at times.

Just some pats on the back to coaching. The room his huge and the entire club also. No rush, they let them grow.

Lets hope that MLF can cultivate Love into that QB, or lets hope that sitting and watching an all time great will have a certain influence too as well. 

Edited by PACKRULE
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Josh Allen is going to get 5-10 GMs fired before they figure out he was the exception and not the rule. 

Let the panthers dream the impossible dream. Rumor is they didn’t trade up for stroud now… but Richardson haha.

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Let the panthers dream the impossible dream. Rumor is they didn’t trade up for stroud now… but Richardson haha.

The best way I can put it is if I'm a team vaguely in need of a young QB and Richardson falls to me in the mid-teens/twenties? I am jumping on that. 

Anywhere higher than that, too many questions to sell the farm for him. Much like all the QB prospects this year. 

3 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

That doesn't apply to football. How many qbs sat behind Tom Brady with the greatest coach ever and turned into nothing? Rodgers being a generational talent had way more to do with his success than watching Favre. He certainly learned things by watching Favre but his arm talent and mind for the game was the biggest factor in his success. 

Are you really saying our institution made Rodgers the player he is and it's all but a guarantee for Love? That's absurd. 

Nah as an institution, in the sense I am using it here, there are limits and controls - like you can't be part of it without the arm talent and football iq. If Jordan Love didn't have those things he wouldn't be in the consideration for starting qb, and we would be doing other things with Rodgers. Still, every first round qb has those intangibles (for the most part) and very few succeed. It's the transition from the ability to the success that I am talking about. No rookie comes in without flaws, even if they have the talent, and mentality can be huge in differentiating between them - ie why I think Burrow has been successful.

Where institutions play a role is in routinizing behavior in ways that promote successful outcomes - it totally applies to football - it's literally what every head coach tries to create. The problem is doing that is very hard, and individuals are far more prone to follow other individuals than routinized systems. So yeah I am saying that Rodgers would not have been the same player without watching Favre, but it's more nuanced than that. 

Also edit institution is being used here as "the rules of the game", not necessarily as the GB Packers writ large. Like Rodgers set a work standard that he definitely (in part) learned from Favre, among other people involved with GB. Love can't lower that standard, especially in a competitive environment where if he did he wouldn't have a job. 

Edited by oldmansmell
  • Like 2

On the topic of our new starting QB, one thing I would really like to see from Love is a little more of an extrovert personality this year. He kind of strikes me a quiet, go with the flow, dude, which is fine, but I hope he takes on a bit more a Mahomes personna on and off the field. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

On the topic of our new starting QB, one thing I would really like to see from Love is a little more of an extrovert personality this year. He kind of strikes me a quiet, go with the flow, dude, which is fine, but I hope he takes on a bit more a Mahomes personna on and off the field. 

he was at deguara's wedding. he knows this is his team now.