Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2020 (All up)

goldfishwars

As for the rankings , while I appreciate the top ranking for the Broncos, I thought bot the Ravens and Cowboys had as good or better but top 3 for sure. 

Very surprised Jeudy dropped to us, he was my top receiver that I didn’t think would get to us, glad he did.

Cushenberry was a perfect fit for this OL, will start Day One

Muti was a risk worth taking, could be steal of the draft if he can get healthy

Loved Agim, listed as DT but I liken him to Casey given coaching.

The only real questionable for me was the CB from Iowa, thought Dantzler should have been the pick IMO

I thought Denver for sure had a Top 10 Draft, I would have to take some more time to see if I agree with them being #1. That being said I live in Denver and its fun to pay attention to them the past few years which Elway and company have had 2 good drafts in a row before this, and if this class hits, then the Broncos could be on their way back to being a serious team.

Going into the season the Broncos had maybe the worst WR core in the entire NFL, I remember posting the guys who were on the roster and a couple people on here said they didn’t believe those guys were actually real haha but if Lock is an above average QB, Fant keeps improving, Jeudy and Kamler hit to go along with Sutton, Gordon, and Lidnsay then the Broncos offense will be up there with some of the best. The one complaint I have is they didn’t take an OT to push Bolles at LT. Their interior OL should be very strong. Fangio will have the Defense as one of the best in the league so again it comes down to if the offensive draft picks from last year and this year continue to improve and hit

I see the Broncos around 9-7 next season

Disagree with this Lamar Jackson is close IMO. Mahomes clearly ahead but both have similar skill sets 

They really are nothing alike IMO. 

Man, I thought I had rose colored glasses on now that the Bengals are getting Burrow and the WR room is healthy.  I got nothing on Broncos fans.

Generalizations are bad. You wont find me for a second comparing the KC offense to Denver. But its clear that after nearly half a decade of putrid offensive output, we finally have some hope. Getting overly excited about that hope isn't unnatural. IDK if anyone really understands how insane a transition it has been from PFM throwing 50 TD's to ending up starting the likes of Trevor Siemien, Paxton Lynch, Chase Keenum and Joe Flacco. Many fans in Denver were not even sure that Flacco was alive, there is an argument that he was kept upright by a system of ropes and pullies in a sort of Weekend at Bernies on turf.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:50 PM, thebestever6 said:

Why would you compare Sutton to Kelce? It should be Fant compared to Kelce. 

Sutton should compare to Watkins which he does favorably.

Hamler to Hill which isn't close Hill is a stud

Jeudy the Chiefs have no one left to compare.

Edwards Helanie and Williams to Lindsay and Gordon.

Outside of Quarterback Denver's weapons compare favorably to the Chiefs they're just young.

Hamlet and Jeudy are complete unknowns 

21 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

teddy" Meme Templates - Imgflip

I think he means both have superhuman skillsets and are both MVPS. Just trying to show respect. Both lead extremely dangerous teams at such a young age. Both have their offenses channeled through their inhuman abilities. Is it so far fetched?

Edited by Calamity_Cometh

• 2 years later...
On 5/7/2020 at 3:11 AM, goldfishwars said:

6. Cincinnati Bengals 

Joe Burrow – Get Sports Info

This Class In One Sentence:
Joe Burrow and fellas, we might have some linebackers in Cincinnati

Pre-Draft Needs 
QB, OL, LB, TE

Selections
1. 1. Joe Burrow 
2. 33. Tee Higgins 
3. 65. Logan Wilson 
4. 107. Akeem Davis-Gaither 
5. 147. Khalid Kareem 
6. 180. Hakeem Adeniji 
7. 215. Markus Bailey 

Picks Heading In
1. 1.
2. 33.
3. 65.
4. 107.
5. 147.
6. 180.
7. 215.

Favorite Pick
Khalid Kareem – I’m not going to give the Bengals too much credit for selecting Joe Burrow, but Kareem might be the best value pick at a spot that has been a traditional strength for Cincinnati. He was injured throughout the draft process which probably deflated his stock somewhat, but he’s a big long dude and more of an edge-setter which complimented the twitchier Okwara on the other side. More suited to play in an even front, fantastic against the run and could be a nice player to add to the rotation which has become less of a strength than in previous years. 

Most Questionable Pick
Offensive Line – The Bengals got good value with most of their picks, but I’m looking at that right tackle spot right now and wondering how that did not get an upgrade in the off-season. Even though the Bengals got a decent developmental lineman later in the draft,  passing on Josh Jones for a second time at the top of the 3rd round was quite a statement. 

Overview
Obviously selecting Joe Burrow is the big story in this draft and one that was expected from the moment the process began, despite the silly rumors about him refusing to play in Cinci. It’s a good draft outside of him, getting a potential new go-to receiver and a trio linebackers to help fix what has been a long saga at linebacker. It was also a very Bengals draft, with absolutely no movement up and down the board. Burrow himself put together possibly the greatest single college football season of any quarterback in living memory. There are legitimate questions around his arm strength and one year of production. But he throws with anticipation and has an uncanny feel for pressure. He also has mobility within and outside the pocket and makes tough throws under duress. There’s a lot to get excited about for the Bengals. 

I thought the Higgins selection was good, he definitely has his admirers and I was probably a little lower on him that the consensus. He certainly does have a huge catching radius and deceptive vertical speed. But he’s not an early separator and will have to make a living making contested catches, but having a QB who isn’t afraid to fit it in will help him hugely. Logan Wilson and Akeem Davis-Gaither were next off the board and both were good value at their spots against slightly higher pre-draft projections. Wilson is a longer linebacker who plays smart and takes good angles to the ball. He’s rarely out of position and rarely caught over pursuing. Akeem-Davis is a weakside backer who is a silky mover in coverage and played running backs and tight ends alike in college. 

I liked the two remaining darts thrown at Hakeem Adeniji, who started over 50 games at Kansas. Adeniji moves really well, but probably doesn’t have the length to hang at tackle and needs to get functionally stronger to start in the NFL – but there’s a lot of physical potential for him to grow in the NFL. The Bengals clearly really wanted to nail the linebacker spot down by taking Markus Bailey late. He would have gone much higher if not for the knee injury, which was his second serious one. If he does fully recover, he’s a very good downhill thumper who wasn’t completely lacking in space when fully healthy. 

Kareem hung around for a couple years, but in the end he was just a guy.  Got cut going into 2022.

RT was indeed a pretty big question, and Bobby Hart was not the answer, lol. Zac Taylor seems to stick to his big board pretty religiously and doesn't want to reach for anyone the way Marvin Lewis would to fill a need.  Taylor is very much BPA, and given the differing draft strategies and Duke Tobin being the GM for both, I think the coaching staff gets a lot of pull in who they want to draft with Tobin sort of being the main organizer and evaluator.  It's the right way to go, but also it's 2023 and we're still talking about RT, with the idea for this year is transitioning Jonah Williams over there after signing Orlando Brown Jr.

Burrow was the obvious home run pick, a consensus top 5 QB now, with some having him as high as Top 2.

Higgins has turned out great, a consensus top 20 WR, with some saying a fringe top 10 WR.  Word is his contract extension is all but done but holding out on finalizing until we see how they make money work with the last stage of FA, and expected extensions for Burrow and Logan Wilson as well.

Wilson has been a starter since day one and after being a little shaky his rookie year, is now one of the better LB's in the AFC.  Not flashy, but consistent, athletic, and produces.  A great tandem with the recently extended Germaine Pratt.  Akeem Davis-Gaither has been very good depth, and even Markus Bailey is still on the roster and has provided some value.  

Adeniji is another guy who has been given plenty of opportunity all over the line and has bumbled his chances.  Almost assuredly one of him or D'Ante Smith gets cut in 2023, perhaps both as the Bengals are rumored to still be looking at IOL depth.

Good work once, again.  Now off to find 2019, lol.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 8:47 AM, goldfishwars said:

Selections
2. 40. Ross Blacklock | DT | TCU
3. 90. Jonathan Greenard | EDGE | Florida
4. 126. Charlie Heck | OT | North Carolina
4. 141. John Reid | CB | Penn State
5. 171. Isaiah Coulter | WR | Rhode Island

*shrug*

Jon Greenard is still here. 

• Like 1