2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Gotta believe SF is going for a QB right? Can't think of another position you need to trade up to 3 for...

You'd have to imagine.  Don't think you make that deal if you weren't in the market for a QB.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

why are these teams trading before the draft even happens. That's nuts.

I love it for all teams involved honestly. 

SF is comfortable with their choice of the QBs that will be there (there will be 3), and they have a strong roster

Miami is comfortable knowing likely 4 QBs go ahead of 6 and they have their choice of non QBs (my guess is between Sewell, Chase, Pitts)

Philly gets an extra 1st knowing they won't get a QB, their roster is old and bad. With the Wentz trade they may have 3 1st's in 2022

14 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Maybe they want a shot at Lance to hedge their Tua bet.   Or they are in love with a top OT.  Let the arms race commence for the QB run this year.  Hopefully it benefits us at 29 and Love turns out to be better than them all.

Should give them their choice of Chase, Smith, or Pitts barring some crazy change.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

why are these teams trading before the draft even happens. That's nuts.

I think teams are more aware of what's happening above them.  We all know Trevor Lawrence is going #1.  It's been rumored significantly the Jets will take Wilson at 2, so that leaves Fields as QB3.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think teams are more aware of what's happening above them.  We all know Trevor Lawrence is going #1.  It's been rumored significantly the Jets will take Wilson at 2, so that leaves Fields as QB3.

all assumptions

teams out here mortgaging their future based on assumptions

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So Jalen Hurts isn't the future......? 

Of course not the eagles have shown this to be the case, heck they wanted wentz to stay. At the very least they don’t believe in him until he proves they should believe in him.

Edited by Green19

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Albert Breer -   The Niners, again, were never moving off Jimmy Garoppolo without what they saw as clear upgrade to Jimmy Garoppolo. So clearly, they see at least 3 guys in this class that fit that description.

Seems like they see a guy that they like and want him to sit for a year... to learn. Then next year they can get rid of Jimmy.

2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

After the first trade I'm hopping happy if a Fins fan and hopping mad if a 9'ers.  

After the 2nd trade I'm hopping happy if a Eagles fan and a little verklempt if a Fins fan.

Yeah. Maybe that 2nd trade should have waited till draft day.

Based on an initial review of prospects and with Pro Days still rolling out, going off a "Best Value Available" approach, here is a preliminary broad Packers' board for pick 29 (no particular order):

*Note: top guys expected to be gone aren't listed.  

** Updated with RAS scores (ones known to date)

OT: 

• Jalen Mayfield - RAS 4.03
  • Teven Jenkins
  • Dillon Radunz - RAS 9.29
  • Liam Eichenberg
  • Samuel Cosmi - RAS 9.99
  • Alex Leatherwood - RAS 9.85

Deep group of OTs from the mid-1st-2nd round. 

CB:

• Caleb Farley (medical reasons)
  • Greg Newsome II - RAS 9.66
  • Asante Samuel Jr. - RAS 7.52
  • Ifeatu Melifonwu - RAS 9.56
  • Tyson Campbell - RAS 7.56
  • Eric Stokes - RAS 9.37

Again, deep group. 

S/DB: 

• Trevon Moehrig - RAS 7.42
  • Jevon Holland

Versatile players we covet, especially Holland. 

LB: 

• Zaven Collins
  • Jeremiah Owusu-Korahoah

Was going to leave LB off the list since we don't draft 1st round LBs but Collins and JOK aren't true "ILBs." Collins is almost a ILB/Edge hybrid and JOK is closer to a ILB/S hybrid. 

IDL: 

• Christian Barmore

Barmore or bust at IDL on Day 1. 

WR:

• Rashod Bateman
  • Kadarius Toney
  • Terrace Marshall Jr. 

All of the other top WRs are too small for GB's requirements IMO. Marshall may be a stretch here as well but has good size at least. 

Left out: QB, RB, TE, IOL and EDGE (a few good prospects but I just don't see us going there round 1 with the Smiths/Gary). 

Am I missing anyone? Any guys on the list we think shouldn't be on it?  

Edited by packfanfb

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

I hear you, but I'm just not a huge fan. It really has to be bargain value IMO. And he won't be. How much did Ervin really make a difference running orbit motions 3 times a game ?? I could argue his best stuff was filling in at RB when he had to. Ervin is also 5'-10". What's the catch radius of Rondale Moore in the NFL when the window is no longer 5 yards as it was in college ?? Joystick in college may get you a 40 yard touchdown. Joystick in the NFL gets you destroyed by a 260 pound Edge. Guys like Moore are always nicked up. Where was 2018 Rondale Moore and why ?? And that's in college. He looks like a walking soft tissue injury waiting to happen.

Most importantly, I'm not touching Moore with a 10 foot pole to run orbit motions when I need an OT to play every down for 10 years, or a CB that's on the field to try to get the defense over the hump, or a DL that can help stop SF from gaining 200 yards rushing before contact or maybe get within 10 feet against Tom Brady. For me, the risk, reward, need, is horrible

I'm not talking about Moore.  I'm talking about guys like Moore that I see on my mock simulations going in rounds 4 and 5 or later.

Ervin did have impact.  He just didn't play much.  Guess I feel like a kid with younger legs is a better way to go.  That jet motion stuff is highly effective, when you have a quick twitch, joystick type guy out there.

Like you, though, we have more pressing needs.  Especially early.  Mid to late rounds is where I'd take a flier on that type of player.

• Like 1