2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Okay.....so rounding out todays chatter......29 comes along and the following are there:

JOK / LB
Farley / CB
Bardmore / IDL
Best OT prospect (you pick him).

Who you taking?

It's Farley (if medicals clear him) or the top OT available.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He's not going to be on our board. 21 and two back procedures already. Sad for him because he's a truly great talent. Think he'll go the way of Jaylon Smith and be someone a team gambles on in round 2. With Surtain, Horn, Newsome, Stokes, Campbell, Melifonwu and Samuel all in this class, I wouldn't take him round 1.

I mean, the first one was alleviating a pinched nerve in his back and the second one is a relatively minor procedure from my understanding.  Think the medical thing is being blown out of proportion here.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

We have a hole at OT right now with only Yosh Nijman as a listed Tackle on this roster unless you count Billy Turner who has been pressed into Tackle duties. We should walk out of this draft with at least 2 OT's.

Better prepare for the fact that Billy Turner will be our RT as soon as Bakh is healthy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, the first one was alleviating a pinched nerve in his back and the second one is a relatively minor procedure from my understanding.  Think the medical thing is being blown out of proportion here.

21 year olds in the shape he's in should not need procedures like that. Don't care if they're minor, ask yourself why he needs them.

I like to move around and see how some of the other NFL teams fans (?) rate the draft.

This mock was attained off of the JetsHub (thru Fanspeak).  No wonder the Jets struggle so much.

This is just to show how incredibly different this draft will be.  No common combine, huge shortage of tape.  Harder to predict than last years.

Double dipped at WR, OL, DL and CB

29: R1 P29 WR Rashod Bateman - Minnesota 

62: R2 P30 OT Jalen Mayfield - Michigan 

92: R3 P28 DL Jay Tufele - USC 

135: R4 P30 CB Robert Rochell - Central Arkansas 

142: R4 P37 LB Dylan Moses - Alabama 

173: R5 P29 CB Ambry Thomas - Michigan 

178: R5 P34 RB Jermar Jefferson - Oregon State 

214: R6 P30 WR Josh Palmer – Tennessee  

220: R6 P36 C Quinn Meinerz - Wisconsin-Whitewater 

256: R7 P28 DL Milton Williams - Louisiana Tech 

There is no way I think we could get some of these players at these spots.  But one can dream.

Edited by Dubz41

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Microdisectomy is a huge red flag for an athlete especially a football player.  Granted he's playing CB and not OL or DL but still he'll have reoccurring back problems the rest of his life.  I've repeatedly stated this backs are a *****.  Sure he could probably battle through it for a few years but the kid will have a short career.  If there is one injury you don't want as a football player it's this one.  It's going to affect his play.

He'll might be drafted as early as the the 2nd round by some team willing to take a chance.  Just hope it's not us.  This is an injury you don't ever recover fully from.  Don't care how talented he is it's not worth burning a high pick on this guy.  You can say the surgery is minor and yes it's outpatient these days.  However the injury itself is not.  Personally I'd take him off my board completely.  Taking any player with a back injury that requires surgery is a really bad idea.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

21 year olds in the shape he's in should not need procedures like that. Don't care if they're minor, ask yourself why he needs them.

Would you go to the chiropractor if you were having pain issues in your back?  Would you go to the doctor to check out your shoulder if it was hurting for multiple weeks?  Injuries are going to happen.  As long as there aren't anything that red flags, you keep him on the board.  You don't take him off the board because he might get hurt.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Would you go to the chiropractor if you were having pain issues in your back?  Would you go to the doctor to check out your shoulder if it was hurting for multiple weeks?  Injuries are going to happen.  As long as there aren't anything that red flags, you keep him on the board.  You don't take him off the board because he might get hurt.

A back is a red flag. Period. It's not a foot, a knee, an elbow. Anything involving your spinal cord/nervous system is a red flag, regardless of if it's a massive or minor procedure. There's no "if" it's a red flag....it is. Take it from someone who had disc/nerve issues from college football. It doesn't go away, you just manage it.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 11:17 AM, CWood21 said:

Except fro the fact that Marquise Brown played in 25 games in his final two seasons at Oklahoma.  Rondale Moore has played in 20 games over his 3 year career at Purdue.  Let me ask you this, if Moore didn't post such insane Combine numbers, where would his draft stock be?  He'd be a clear Day 2 prospect, maybe even early Day 3.  Not someone you're suggesting that should get a FRP.

You are probably right.  If Rondale Moore doesn't test out as a freak athlete he's not a candidate to be a FRP.  You can say that about a lot of NFL first round picks over the years. Rashan Gary is a 2nd or 3rd day pick if he doesn' t have a great combine.  In Moore's case, players with that speed/ strength combination don't exist.  Players that can run a sub 4.2 40 aren't generally guys who break tackles at a 30+% per catch clip.  

Coming in 2" shorter than anticipated is going to be his biggest hurdle but all it will take is one team that loves his athleticism and the elite production he had during his freshman year.  

He's not going to be a Packer this conversation doesn't really matter.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:
Those are two freaky dudes. Pro Day inflation being considered.

Even with inflation, you could surmise that the 40's are really more like 4.45 or maybe a tick higher. Still at roughly 250-260 lbs....

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Better prepare for the fact that Billy Turner will be our RT as soon as Bakh is healthy.

Oh I know....but I still hold out hope that Turner kicks back to Guard where he's better TBH. I fully agree with you on the back thing with Farley; he's a bust waiting happen and should completely be off our boards unless he's there in the 4th. Bear mind mind there have been certainly players with medical red flags who fall that far, but then never have too much of an issue once they're in the league.