TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

34 minutes ago, Joe said:

It's intentional. The more divided the country becomes, the easier it is for the Jeff Bezos' of the world to make more money off of us. We're past the point of no return and we must understand that we need to grasp the ridiculously hyper-individualistic society of ours by the neck and shake as much as we can out of it. 

...it's why I submitted a request to transfer to my company's office in England last week...

Vancouver has always appealed to me. And my company is now implementing up to 100% remote work positions...

4 minutes ago, Joe said:
15 minutes ago, R T said:

That is a lot of stereotyping and labeling in one sentence. 

but is it really?....political views aside, the cultish behavior of that bunch

Agreed. There is not stereotyping or labeling in that post. Vaccination rates are falling along party lines in practice. It is actually the case that conservatives are getting vaccinated at much lower rates and it is actually the case that the unvaccinated are hospitalized and die at much much higher rates.

The only non-factual point is assuming the motivation, but even that is quite defensible looking at the evidence at hand.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's ungodly expensive and your Chinese better be on point

Couldn't have said it any better myself. My company tried to persuade me to go there or Seattle on a rather measly $80k salary about 8 years ago and I said hell to the naw! I was more than happy to stay in Hummelstown, Pennsissippi for a bit longer for about $8k less given that my wife was pregnant with our third child at the time and our boys were still a couple years away from starting Kindergarten. The West Cost, as a whole, is more expensive than the East Coast and if you have kids like I do, finding a good school can be rather difficult and pricey.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

but is it really?....political views aside, the cultish behavior of that bunch. 

There are extremists on both sides.

What we really need is a true moderate political party.  

I love my country, but what politics has evolved into is just disgusting to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed. There is not stereotyping or labeling in that post. Vaccination rates are falling along party lines in practice. It is actually the case that conservatives are getting vaccinated at much lower rates and it is actually the case that the unvaccinated are hospitalized and die at much much higher rates.

The only non-factual point is assuming the motivation, but even that is quite defensible looking at the evidence at hand.

I'm conservative, I'm vaccinated and I have no loyalty to Trump and almost all of the conservative people I know are the same. If the comment had said 'a fraction of conservatives' it would be somewhat accurate, but labeling roughly half the population in with an alt-right group is divisive and counter to the unity of the masses for common good. 

6 minutes ago, R T said:

I'm conservative, I'm vaccinated and I have no loyalty to Trump and almost all of the conservative people I know are the same. If the comment had said 'a fraction of conservatives' it would be somewhat accurate, but labeling roughly half the population in with an alt-right group is divisive and counter to the unity of the masses for common good. 

You self-identity with a group that is statistically far more unlikely to get vaccinated than the "other" group.

You're suggesting that saying "Men have lower life expectancy than women" is stereotyping. It's not. It's just factual. Even if you're a 107 year old man.

It's wonderful you're among the population of vaccinated conservatives, but the fact remains that conservatives are more likely to die from Covid now than their more highly vaccinated counterpart progressives.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

There are extremists on both sides.

What we really need is a true moderate political party.  

I love my country, but what politics has evolved into is just disgusting to me.

The two aren’t even close to equal. One side wants to literally destroy democracy. It’s not even the far right anymore, it’s mainstream .

• Like 1

France:  Emmanuel Macron announced on Monday that a proof of vaccination (or a negative test) would very soon be needed to access public events, restaurants, cinemas, stations & airports… Since then, more than 2.2 million vaccination appointments have been booked in less than 48 hours.