Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Don't be a Kirill. Raiders will be tough. They have alot of inside info on us. I mean it's a different system than the former Chargers faced or know. But they know players nuances. It should be a good game. But CHARGERS typically drop these types of games after big road wins. But we will see. This team feels different. But so do the Raiders.

I agree. I think it would foolish for either team or either fan base to write the other team off and pencil them in as a cake walk or certain pretender. Could it ultimately end up that way? Absolutely. But there has been a lot to be positive about and lead people to believe this isn't the same Raiders squad from the past 2 years. I believe this game will go down to the wire, and it may very well come down to which QB has the ball last. I have a lot of respect for Herbert and while our defense has looked much improved, Herbert will without question test this defense in ways no team they have played to this point has been able to through the air. I expect Herbert to play great football. Throw for 300+ and 2 or 3 TDs. But I also think Carr has the ability to match Herbert and the Chargers offensively and if we have the ball last I will be fairly confident DC will get it done, and if Herbert has the ball last needing a score to win it I will be equally as confident in the fact he will get it done. 

End of the day, I have both teams as playoff contenders and I currently believe that the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers all end up making the playoffs. Denver has been impressive too, but I need to see them play and beat teams that aren't winless before I see them in the same light. 

But AFC West and division games in general always have that knack for being crazy, entertaining, come down to the wire, who blinks first type of games. The Raiders are 3-0 for the first time in 19 years, the Chargers just beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead and have a lot to feel good about. One team leaves feeling like the division is right there for them to take, and the other team leaves feeling like they left a golden opportunity to get a big first win over a very competitive team early in the season. Traditionally recently says both teams could find a way to win a real nail biter, or shoot themselves in the foot and give a game they could have won away. 

The Raiders under Gruden haven't played a ton of boaring, one sided games. And I don't expect this one to be any different. Both fan bases have every reason to believe their team will get it done. Whichever team actually does on the field will have earned a lot of benefit of the doubt as to how real they are that they haven't had recently. I'm really looking forward to it. On prime time on MNF too? Can't ask for a better match up. I'll save my official prediction for the Raiders game day thread some time this week. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

As a Vikings fan and lukewarm-on-Kirk fan, these shocked me. He's a missed 37 yard FG and a bad fumble call in OT away from being near the top of the MVP race.

Cousins is a good QB. Doesnt surprise me at all. He puts up a lot of "quietly" good games. No hype- just results. 

13 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Don't be a Kirill. Raiders will be tough. They have alot of inside info on us. I mean it's a different system than the former Chargers faced or know. But they know players nuances. It should be a good game. But CHARGERS typically drop these types of games after big road wins. But we will see. This team feels different. But so do the Raiders.

It’s more like Kirill is being a Ducks. All the dude has done for years is troll endlessly.

I’d agree with you, in that both teams feel like an improvement on previous years, for different reasons. The Raiders feel like a more well-rounded team than they’ve been for a long, long time, and this Chargers team doesn’t give off the vibe that they’re about to implode at any point in the 4th quarter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

As a Vikings fan and lukewarm-on-Kirk fan, these shocked me. He's a missed 37 yard FG and a bad fumble call in OT away from being near the top of the MVP race.

Man... Cousins numbers just don't align with his film to me. But hard to deny the production (even if some is in garbage time) he has been impressive so far this year. His film this year is better than prior. I still don't like how he deals with incoming hits and turns away wrecklessly from his throws. The consistency is 🔥.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Man... Cousins numbers just don't align with his film to me. But hard to deny the production (even if some is in garbage time) he has been impressive so far this year. His film this year is better than prior. I still don't like how he deals with incoming hits and turns away wrecklessly from his throws. The consistency is 🔥.

No garbage time this year, and it’s been even more impressive. The worst part of his game is the failed completions. Keeps the stats nice and clean but doesn’t benefit the team or situation. I think a lot of it is coaching. He’s being told to be conservative, but this year the protection has been better and the weapons are everywhere.

Browns o-line is absurd. Best pass blocking and 7th best run blocking o-line in the nfl.

The d-line is the best at pass rushing. Obviously the bears game inflated that.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

Edited by candyman93