Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, football is a lot bigger here and we are a lot more passionate and wear it all on our sleeves. It’s not to say other fanbases are bad and some obviously are comparable, but Ohio is one of about 4-5 states who lives and breathes it starting in high school. It’s just different here. Places like Texas and PA, maybe parts of Florida are about the only states who can understand what it’s about.

Probably not. Forced 4 TO and got 0 points off of them. Probably a home beat down incoming.

Ohio, Texas, PA, and Florida aren’t even the top 2 most football-obsessed states.

1 minute ago, Duluther said:

Nope. There was a study that showed where states rank regarding how often football is a topic of conversation. None of those states were in the top two.

“There was a study” on an arbitrary ranking about topics of conversation. Truly hilarious “proof” here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

FFXjy2kXwAgoidz?format=jpg&name=large

There is no OL in the NFL worse and I would put my life on that.  A bunch of garbage no-names.  Moton is literally the only one from this group who would start for another NFL team, and even he has regressed mightily this year. 

Trade for Jawaan Taylor.

how my guy CJ lookin with you guys?

11 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

FFXjy2kXwAgoidz?format=jpg&name=large

There is no OL in the NFL worse and I would put my life on that.  A bunch of garbage no-names.  Moton is literally the only one from this group who would start for another NFL team, and even he has regressed mightily this year. 

Panthers vs Dolphins was like the Battle of Worst O-Lines.™

Holds? False starts? Whiff blocks? 10 guys, 2 teams...who will take the lead?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Trade for Jawaan Taylor.

how my guy CJ lookin with you guys?

He's looked solid when on the field, especially the last two weeks - I think he's outplayed Donte and been our 2nd best corner after Gilmore.  He was inactive for a game or two because of health, but other than that he's done his job on defense.  Solid tackler it seems too, made a really good play vs WR screen in the Miami game yesterday.  I think he's going to develop into a dependable, consistent #2 when Horn is back next year (big fan of Horn - I think he's going to be a stud man corner and he looked the part before he got hurt).  My biggest concern with him, which probably isn't a surprise to Jaguars fan, is health.  Maybe his character will become a problem at some point, but haven't heard anything (good or bad) on that front.  But the health concerns me.  But if he stays healthy, I think at the very least we have a solid #2 when Jackson leaves for greener pastures.  

2 hours ago, Duluther said:

Nope. There was a study that showed where states rank regarding how often football is a topic of conversation. None of those states were in the top two.

Source?

They make movies and TV shows about Texas HS football. HS stadiums in the state rival some NFL teams. HS coaches make upwards of six figures in certain cities. The term "Friday Night Lights" is coined after Texas HS football, when entire cities shut down to watch HS games. Hell, there were reality TV shows following Texas PEE WEE football teams. The University of Texas has one of the biggest football budgets in the NCAA, as does Texas A&M. The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world - worth more than the Yankees, Lakers, AC Milan, Manchester United, by a pretty big amount.

Football is a religion over here. Any "study" that has Texas anything other than #1 (not top 10, not top 5, not top 3 - number 1) is flawed.

@Matts4313 - tell 'em how we do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Source?

They make movies and TV shows about Texas HS football. HS stadiums in the state rival some NFL teams. HS coaches make upwards of six figures in certain cities. The term "Friday Night Lights" is coined after Texas HS football, when entire cities shut down to watch HS games. Hell, there were reality TV shows following Texas PEE WEE football teams. The University of Texas has one of the biggest football budgets in the NCAA, as does Texas A&M. The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world - worth more than the Yankees, Lakers, AC Milan, Manchester United, by a pretty big amount.

Football is a religion over here. Any "study" that has Texas anything other than #1 (not top 10, not top 5, not top 3 - number 1) is flawed.

@Matts4313 - tell 'em how we do.

You’re speaking relativism. You’re in the thick of Texas. I attempted to find the study but failed; I’d be grateful if anyone could search for it as well. Study again was on what conversations in each state were on (and from that people made a study map specifically on football). 

I didn’t want to mention where states ranked because again I can’t find the study, but I remember Alabama and Nebraska were clear cut 1 and 2 in whatever order (the latter of which had football as the most common talking subject, even above weather). And no, this wasn’t CFB specific.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Panthers vs Dolphins was like the Battle of Worst O-Lines.™

Holds? False starts? Whiff blocks? 10 guys, 2 teams...who will take the lead?

Yeah, ya'll OL is horrendous (no disrespect).  But Tua balled out.  I thought he did a great job all day making quick decisions and accurate throws.  And Waddle is legit.  Thought the play-calling was good too, did a great job taking advantage of a fast and aggressive defense.  

7 minutes ago, Duluther said:

You’re speaking relativism. You’re in the thick of Texas. I attempted to find the study but failed; I’d be grateful if anyone could search for it as well. Study again was on what conversations in each state were on (and from that people made a study map specifically on football). 

I didn’t want to mention where states ranked because again I can’t find the study, but I remember Alabama and Nebraska were clear cut 1 and 2 in whatever order (the latter of which had football as the most common talking subject, even above weather). And no, this wasn’t CFB specific.

I've recently lived in Texas and Alabama. 

While HS football is huge in Texas, there are a lot other thing going on in Texas.

Football is also huge in Alabama, and there's a lot less going on. 

20 minutes ago, Duluther said:

You’re speaking relativism. You’re in the thick of Texas.

Yet, majority of what I spoke about - Friday Night Lights the movie, Friday Night Lights the TV show, Friday Night Tykes the reality TV show, the Dallas Cowboys - are nationally televised items. Specific to the Cowboys, I referenced international brands, and two brands in the biggest cities in the US, New York and Los Angeles.

Regardless of where I am, I can see these things associated with Texas and football. What other state can claim that?

22 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Again - I would need to see the source and the data used to validate such an assumption. Is this based on something as fickle as Twitter hashtags by geolocation? Responses to online surveys? 

How the data is gathered is important in understanding the results of said data. As the old adage goes - garbage in, garbage out.