Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

39 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I love Chapman's face there. I don't care if it's Houston, he can eat that.

Throw seven straight sliders outside of the strike zone, you'll see people don't need a buzzer to figure that out...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is this a good season for a QB;

60.5 % 4,343 yards 6.9 avg   25 TD 11 INT 87.3

?

I think it's pretty mediocre to decent, but adding context, this was the receiving;

Edelman: 105 receptions

Amendola: 54

Vereen: 47

Dobson: 37

Thompkins: 32

Yuck. I think those stats Tom put up with this receiving corps, whilst admitting the OL was decent, is pretty impressive. I agree Tom can't be elite when he doesn't have good weapons, but he never actually becomes anything less than top 10 even whilst working with a receiving corps like that. If your WR 2 was Amendola, you'd be pissed right?

There’s no need to overreact on both sides. Those saying Brady did it all by himself are foolish (and I’m a huge Brady fan). Brady did play with guys like Gronk, Moss, Edelman, Welker, Hernandez, etc. 

But he also clearly made those around him better. Think guys like James White, Chris Hogan, Danny Amendola, Shane Vereen etc. And I also said that Tom’s pocket awareness help improve his Oline play a lot

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Josh Allen is just a product of the people around him.

(ducks and runs, I dont really mean it - just a troll comment)

This concept clearly needs more fine tuning if anyone honestly believes Kirk Cousins, the guy with Justin Jefferson / Adam Thielen / Dalvin Cook has no help around him.

Justin Herbert at 15? Carson Wentz at 14? MATTHEW STAFFORD AT 13? Lamar in the top 6?

Yeah, I'm just not buying this stat at all.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This concept clearly needs more fine tuning if anyone honestly believes Kirk Cousins, the guy with Justin Jefferson / Adam Thielen / Dalvin Cook has no help around him.

Justin Herbert at 15? Carson Wentz at 14? MATTHEW STAFFORD AT 13? Lamar in the top 6?

Yeah, I'm just not buying this stat at all.

maybe because you didnt read the ingredients of the stat. WR's are just 1 part. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

maybe because you didnt read the ingredients of the stat. WR's are just 1 part. 

I read it - it encompasses a lot of things but even in the comments people are like "uhhh Kirk has a lot of help?". I don't know, feels like maybe things should be weighted differently? Like, a bad defense doesn't really impact a QB's "help" aside from winning the game. ST's doesn't really impact at QB's "help" that much, either. Yet primarily the teams with the least help have the worst defenses and ST's units.

Like, this year the Ravens have had an awful defense, literally no run game but we have a great ST's unit, Mark Andrews and Lamar Jackson so apparently that means he's in the top 6 of "help"? Ehhhh. I'm just not buying it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Josh Allen is just a product of the people around him.

(ducks and runs, I dont really mean it - just a troll comment)

It's hard to take that too seriously when it says Trevor Siemian has had more help than Stafford.

I know it supposedly takes everything into account, but still.

13 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

There’s no need to overreact on both sides. Those saying Brady did it all by himself are foolish (and I’m a huge Brady fan). Brady did play with guys like Gronk, Moss, Edelman, Welker, Hernandez, etc. 

But he also clearly made those around him better. Think guys like James White, Chris Hogan, Danny Amendola, Shane Vereen etc. And I also said that Tom’s pocket awareness help improve his Oline play a lot

100% true

31 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is Zeke done?

Zeke, not healthy and averaging 2.9 YPC tonight, is for some reason still getting 4th quarter while Tony Pollard is young, healthy and averaging 11.0 YPC

It's the 1600 carry threshold. Pretty much no one survives it. He's at 1573 (Henry has 1401).

Pats defensive formation

407 snaps in single high - most in the NFL

781 plays with 5 or 6 DBs - second most in NFL

Weird combo of single high defense flooded with DBs in the intermediate areas. Pretty cool

NFL Trend

Through 12 weeks; 3247 snaps of quarters, 2670 this time last season. 21% jump in use of Quarters. Of those 3247, Pats have 10 of them...average is 101 per team. 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1