Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

16 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I'm far from any kind of BB-hater, but I don't think anyone in the "Brady made Bill" camp has ever argued against the idea BB is one of the greatest defensive coaches and game-planners of all time, just that his reputation as a HC is exaggerated because he lucked into the GOAT QB.

But I think that's exactly a major reason it worked so well.  Brady and Bill had both sides of the ball covered.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Guy said:

I'm saying Bill Belichick is highly unlikely to recapitulate the 2001-2019 dynasty without having extremely good quarterback play.

Well he of course wouldn't.  Until someone proves me otherwise, I'll go on believing it's literally impossible without an all time great QB. 

I feel like this is a never ending discussion that has what should be a pretty obvious answer.  It's a synergy like most everything in football.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

But it was refs vs Cowboys!!!!!

I can agree that the roughing call on Parsons was BS. This is a clear and obvious fix if they had eye in the sky.

I can also agree that Anthony Brown was a trash corner with lame technique who cheated his butt off all day.

When a guy jumps offsides are the refs supposed to ignore those too?

How about the Cowboy who was there to take the snap on the field goal at the end?

At some point teams have to take responsibility for being lazy, stupid, and undisciplined.

@Nabbs4u The 1981-1994 (or 1998, whatever) 49ers are widely considered to be a dynasty with 5 rings in that time.

• They went 6 years with only 1 ring from 1982-1987
  • They went 4 years with no rings from 1990-1993
  • Their NFC competition in the East won a combined 8 rings during this supposed reign of 5 rings.
  • The Bears won another and were probably the best 1 year team.
  • They lost to the Giants 3x between 1985 and 1990 while the Giants had as many SBs as them. (2)
  • DC had 3 rings from '82-'93 when SF also had 3 rings in those years. Who reigned and why?
  • The only commonality on the football side for all 5 rings is Seifert and a handful of coaches or scouts.
  • Was the actual Dynasty only from the 1988 playoffs until the 4th quarter of the 1990 NFCCG?

I guess my question is what does the rulebook say about what is and what is not a dynasty?

• Rings per year threshold with a minimum of 3?
    • The champagne poppers would most likely disagree with that.

I am sticking with Ray Lewis Baltimore as a dynasty. Doing it during Brady, Manning, and Roethlisberger just makes it more of an accomplishment. It does not mean it was as great as the Patriots or 49ers or Cowboys.

We can even pull apart Brady/Belichick by pointing out 0 rings in 9 years from 2005-2013

• Do SB losses in 07 and 11 count? or sorta count?
  • Do 5 AFCCGs in those 9 years count? sorta count?
  • Do those 9 playoff wins count? sorta count

Do we now have a 2001-2004 Dynasty and a different 2014-2018 Dynasty?

It would be odd since they are the same coach and QB.

What about the Raiders winning 3 in 8 years but with different coaches and QBs. Does Al Davis lose his dynasty card?

• 4 AFCCGs and 12 playoff wins
  • Does winning those 3 SBs by a combined 97-33 factor in?
  • What about the '67 to '83 Raiders and their 11 AFCCGs in 17 years with 4 SBs and 3 rings
    • All this with the Steel Curtain and the Shula Dolphins in the middle

The '66 to '82 Tom Landry Cowboys?

• 12 NFCCGs in 17 years, 5 SBs, 2 rings.

The Don Shula Dolphins?

• 5 SBs and with 3 different QBs and repeat champions including undefeated 1972)

The Elway Broncos?

• Definitely soft in the middle but 5 SBs, 6 AFCCGs, and repeat champions.

The 2004-2010 Steelers? (4 AFCCGs in 7 years, 3 SBs and 2 rings)

Or are the '70s Steel Curtain Steelers the only true legit dynasty of the SB era? (4 SBs and 5 AFCCGs in 6 years)

• Or are they a pair of 2 year dynasties?
Edited by SkippyX

On 11/23/2021 at 10:24 PM, SkippyX said:

Now count BB's record as a DC in NY/NY and NE as well. (awww, doesn't fit the weak sauce narrative. does it?)

Let us know when Brady has more SB rings than Belichick. It will take 2 more rings unless Bill gets another one.

Brady is the GoaT. (player)

BB is also the GoaT. (coach)

People who try to diminish BB are failing badly 24/7. You can have max respect for Brady (I do) and also have respect for Belichick. 

When has anyone ever counted the records of a defensive coordinator lol. 

17 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Do we now have a 2001-2004 Dynasty and a different 2014-2018 Dynasty?

It would be odd since they are the same coach and QB.

Yes two seperate Dynasties IMO.  Yes I believe you need 3 SB in a 4-6 year stretch to be considered a Dynasty. 

Doesn't matter who is QB or HC, but overall Victories. I think the word Dynasty gets way over used these days much like the word Elite. 

Yes every example you gave above has its own argument to be made but in most of those examples what the Patriots did in the 00', Cowboys did in the early 90's, Niners/Redskins did in the 80's,  Steelers did in the 70's is matched.

I don't consider the the 2007/10 Giants a Dynasty because they won 2 in 4 years, the Broncos with Elway/TD because they went back to back or Ravens because they won 2 in 13 years. 

But that's me. To each their own. Hell the Bills were a Legit Dynasty but won nothing unfortunately. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

When has anyone ever counted the records of a defensive coordinator lol. 

Considering how much of a liability the offense and Nagy was (and still is), I could see the argument being made for Fangio being more deserving of the wins in Chicago while he was here.