Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

34 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

PFF knows. 

Brees is still an above average QB but his arm is clearly fading. I’m not quite seeing this stellar accuracy in his intermediate routes but he has, as always, looked real good throwing those RB dumps.

That's a joke.

• Like 1

I don't quite understand the offense that people are taking to saying that Brees' arm is shot. Doesn't mean he's a bad QB (hell, honestly you may want to give him more credit for succeeding with that limitation). You can still win like that. The two guys who are dead last in the league in average depth of target the last two years are 30-11 combined (Jimmy G and Drew Brees). Brees has been dead last in depth of target the last two years, and over the last three, his average target distance has drastically decreased (over 7 yards per attempt in 2018, only 5.5 this year, which is nearly a full yard shorter than Jimmy at the second lowest). He's still one of the most obscenely accurate quarterbacks in the league. Its very clear that there isn't the same faith in his arm that there used to be, and there is typically a reason for that. His arm isn't the same. Doesn't mean he's bad. 

I do worry about the viability of the Saints as the season wears on because I Think it's a lot harder to navigate an offense with 12-15 play drives every time successfully when refs swallow the whistle and the weather gets a little worse, but he'll have his chance to prove me wrong again this year. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Rodgers sat through post- game film reviews with Favre as the starter for 3 years. He learned all about INTs during his formative years in the league
Now,  there are some who say he should take more chances, but his low INT total is a badge of honor for him.

He's also thrown only 3 pick sixes in his career , Brees has 27, Brady & Rothlisberger 16 and Russell Wilson checks in with 6

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pick_six_active.htm

I love that Jameis had 7 pick 6's just last year LOL. 

Matt Schaub has a streak of 4 straight games with a pick six in 2013, and a streak of three straight games with a pick 6 in 2015 lol. He once ran up a streak where he had 6 pick sixes in 9 games and 4 touchdown passes lol

5 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Drew Brees threw 15 touchdowns and 0 interceptions in the month of December last season.

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Congrats to Brees and his fan club, that's impressive.
It doesn't tell us how many air yards were involved in those TDs but they still count for 7 points.

He was largely okay in december (Though he did miss time at the start of the season). 2 games at home and away, he was in the high sixes if you discount the 49ers game (5.4 air yards per pass, but in fairness, that was probably the best way to attack the 49ers last year). 

7.1 against the Panthers, 6.9 and 6.7 against the titans and colts. All three of those were actually better than his season average (dead last in the NFL), but still would have only had him in the bottom 5 or so if that would have been his season long average/ 

5 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

The Colts defense held Baltimore to 2.9 yards per carry, a long run of just 9 yards and a long throw of only 21. The offense on the other hand ugh.

I hope the Cowboys don't tag Dak. Would love for you guys to get him. Otherwise...I am not sure what you can do. Just recycle some average type Qbs 

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hope the Cowboys don't tag Dak. Would love for you guys to get him. Otherwise...I am not sure what you can do. Just recycle some average type Qbs 

Wouldn’t mind getting him for the right price. The Colts will have close to 100 million in Cap so it’s doable.

1 minute ago, Forge said:
3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Wouldn’t mind getting him for the right price. The Colts will have close to 100 million in Cap so it’s doable.

I just don't know how you solve the qb problem otherwise without getting super lucky in the draft

We will tag him no matter what. Even if that includes trading him. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't quite understand the offense that people are taking to saying that Brees' arm is shot.

It's bizarre. I mean, I kinda get it on some level, but the extreme bristling to any such suggestion is really crazy. At the end of the day I think it's because it's the most glaring feature of a QB that signals his football mortality. As a fan it's hard to accept the end of an era that brought such unprecedented success to a franchise. It's like losing a friend, and having to face a chapter of your life closing. Especially when there's the prospect that future success and relevancy is far from guaranteed.

But the adamant denial of what the eyes can plainly see on the field is certainly off-putting when trying to have a reasonable conversation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just don't know how you solve the qb problem otherwise without getting super lucky in the draft

Well I still think Colts will want to see what they have in Jacob Eason. It’s unlikely we see him this season despite the wishes of Colts fans. QB isn’t there only problem they also have to address WR problem. Hilton looks a step slower and the rest of the WRs are young and unproven players.

When I think of "arm is shot", I think of guys like 2015 Peyton Manning. Where there was both a significant drop in arm strength and no longer was able to get the ball where it needs to go. Hence his 9 touchdowns, 17 interceptions, 67 QB Rating, and 59% completion percentage. That is the definition of "arm is shot", Brees arm is probably the weakest in the league among starting QB's right now, but it is still very functional. That is the key right there. He has the ability to consistently get the ball where it needs to go. Brees arm doesn't look any different then it has for the past few seasons in terms of strength. We have not been a deep ball team for years, but he still has shown he has pinpoint accuracy on his throws. If his accuracy faded, I'd also be concerned, but as it stands he is reminiscent of a finesse pitcher like a Greg Maddux back in the day that may not bring the heat, but will pinpoint the ball where it needs to go.