Browns General Discussion

candyman93

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Teams are 22/27 on 4th down against us. 81.5%. How the hell do teams not just go for it every shot 

joe woods better get his act together for next week. Pitt is very beatable if the defense is right. 

Playing the long game.  Knowing they will do that in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, braylon said:

Dude I’m in the same boat.. joined in 2006 when I was 13!! I’m now 27!!! Over half my life.. INSANE. And the browns are FINALLY GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

February of '07 for me. I was a stalker that first year, didn't realize a lot of the other posters were young too so I didn't feel like I knew enough to be posting yet (lol). 

It's pretty amazing. Still very surreal.

44 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

this is cool and all but god damnit baker is going to be out next week due to covid precautions. It’s coming. 

Well you have to spend 15 minutes with someone inside with one person (or both) not wearing a mask to be a close contact so a little meet and greet with masks isn't going to make him a close contact.

Kudos to Tom for wearing a mask, he certainly isn't doing it for himself, if he is willing we all should be.

• Like 3

Thomahawk podcast made some good points about Baker OBJ and the offense.

We have complained about OBJ production outside of a couple games. OBJ in NY got to play with Eli who had been running the same system for years before OBJ was in it. OBJ comes and it just adds another wrinkle to it. Eli didn’t have to worry about the schemes. He knew exactly what was going on. 

browns get OBJ and it’s the same time as trying to install Freddie’s Arian scheme with Monken concepts sprinkled in. I don’t think Baker felt fully comfortable so when he wasn’t sure I think he was just trying to force feed OBJ. Now to this system. It’s a new year and new system. Early on it felt like Baker was just feeding OBJ, where he might have been just forcing it becuase he wasn’t comfortable with it. We get to the Cincy game. That’s 7 games in it and that might have been the turning point where things just clicked for Baker. 

maybe next season with Baker going into year two, feeling great about the scheme, doesn’t have to force feed OBJ as a bail out for not feeling comfortable. So maybe keeping OBJ will have a payoff next season. 

• Like 2