Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Don't forget Trent Williams (and Clowney, if you consider him disgruntled at the time rather than just stuck as a negotiation impasse) 

Yes to both on Clowndog...

Does Josh Gordon figure into this soup? Josh Gordon?

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't forget Trent Williams (and Clowney, if you consider him disgruntled at the time rather than just stuck as a negotiation impasse) 

Duane Brown figures into the gumbo...

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Yes to both on Clowndog...

Does Josh Gordon figure into this soup? Josh Gordon?

I can't remember if he was disgruntled with the Pats or not, but he was signed as opposed to traded, I Think. But you could maybe put Marcus Peters in that group. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I can't remember if he was disgruntled with the Pats or not, but he was signed as opposed to traded, I Think. But you could maybe put Marcus Peters in that group. 

He was cut and signed, IIRC... Another suspension/positive test, right?

But Peters figures into the chowder, yup.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Two picks in the 27-32 range for this caliber of player?  Every. Single. Time.

The claim that he is one of the top 10 players in the league right now is not a reach. Most people don't know it yet, but it will settle in by the next season or two. The dude is special. There are only a handful of players who come into the league and just start dominating from the get go. When you see these players, you know they just get it, ala Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, Von Miller etc. Adams is part of that group.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Cowboys first are probably worth more than Seattle's first, since there's a decent chance Dallas won't make the playoffs.

All bets are off this year.  But assuming it's a normal year, NFC East is a weak division.    Odds are SF is division winner, and SEA is competing with 3 NFC South teams, an 1 NFC North team for a wildcard spot.

Its plays like the first one in coverage where he struggles. Because he doesn’t anticipate routes well. His run blitzing is elite but if you watch him in this game, this was probably his worst game last year, you see where he’s in deep coverage he just floats. He’s better attacking downhill but he can just react. The last touchdown he just falls asleep. 

Now this is far from what his standard of play is but this is an example of what we’re talking about when discussing his abilities in coverage. He can blow up catches but you’ll never see him anticipate a route and break on a ball for 6 the other way. 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Disgruntled might not be right, but Chandler Jones?

• Like 1