Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

4 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

I guess I'm too old. I can't understand jack in that quote. 

Lev Bell is not excited that people were selling him a bag of goods to get him into town, but now that things don't immediately look great they're all screaming about how terrible things are. It's a bit of PR and a bit of "it's easy for him to say, having already got paid".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yes...

However at the time Pittsburgh was 0-2 and quarterback-less so the Dolphins had hope that that could have been a top 5 pick. Even a top 10 pick is worth more than twice as much as a pick in the mid-20s. The Dolphins were definitely hoping for better than the 18th overall pick. As of now the Jets, may expect the Seahawks with Wilson and Adams to net picks 20's. 

Bucker was traded for the 13th overall pick from the Colts, but it would have taken more from a playoff team.

If you had 2 trade offers right now: a 1st and 3rd from the Jaguars or the Chiefs next 3 first round picks. You can't really say the latter offer is better. Where in the first round you expect the pick to be is important.

I would've turned into a Top 5 pick both the Steelers and Dolphins come out looking better than the Seahawks. When you have to say "Well, we don't draft well in the first" to justify a pick, you know there's an issue. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

The draft this year could be completely different this year, they probably considered that. I don't get the logic of giving up on first round picks because they suck at it, it can change with one pick. Things change all the time. You're dealing with a salary cap, you have to hit on draft picks. I understand going for it though, I can see why they did it

But with the cap situation in limbo, looking like it won't rise for the foreseeable future, it makes little sense to fork over premium picks AND pay Adams at the same time. 

I don't care how bad they've been at drafting 1st rounders recently, you don't give up that kind of compensation at a time like this. Most teams are going to have to replenish through the draft on the cheap. They won't have the luxury to go out spend on FAs like they have in the past, banking on the cap increasing every year. Seattle is one of those teams.

Granted they don't have alot of younger talent they need to resign at the moment. But they're going to have add some pass-rushing talent at some point. And with no first rounders for two years, along with not having the money to go and snag one in free agency, it's going to be difficult to do. And that prevents them from getting the most out of Adams in the process.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

This is awesome for non-Jets and Seahawks fans. Adam’s wasn’t worth that...and the Jets won’t be able to do anything with compensation anyway because the Jets front office is toxic and incompetent. 

Past results are not indictave of future returns.

But stay hating.

Sassy Peace Out GIF

Edited by NJerseypaint

26 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Clueless post. Adams will be the best Safety in the league for the next decade. He's the Aaron Donald at his position. Now I'm not gonna argue whether that is worth two 1sts. Draft value is subjective to everyone. But to call him a pure box Safety shows you haven't even watched..

To call him the Aaron Donald of safeties sort of shows you don’t watch either. Aaron Donald has no peers as a defensive tackle, only underlings. Adams doesn’t even have claim as the league's best. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I have watched him. Stop pretending he's an elite coverage safety or a guy who's going to push down into the slot. There's a reason he has blitzed more in 3 seasons than most safeties do in their entire career.

The reason he is blitzed more is because he's maybe, good at it? 12 sacks in 3 seasons. As a SAFETY. He is the exception. Not the rule. And yeah, he sure isn't elite in coverage. That's why he plays high, man's TEs and covers the slot. He only checks all three boxes. He gets a lot of sacks though. That must mean he can't cover!

• Like 2