The Boys - Season 2

August4th

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Seriously. This episode had the two best actors in the show give their best performance thus far. Amazing. 

That might be the best season finale in awhile 

I don't wanna say too much to avoid spoiling for those who haven't watched yet but they were both perfect in THAT scene.

And the end... Wasn't expecting that at all... Wasn't even on my list of possibilities.

4 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I don't wanna say too much to avoid spoiling for those who haven't watched yet but they were both perfect in THAT scene.

And the end... Wasn't expecting that at all... Wasn't even on my list of possibilities.

Yes. Think about how much both actors needed to convey in like a minute or less. By the way the cinematography there was amazing. This is the most amped a show has gotten me since GOT at its peak. 

I also love how they actually paid everything off 

Damn that was an epic finale so much to unpack.

Spoiler Alert!!!!!

Crazy how in the end the original seven reunites other than the Deep and maybe Noir. Speaking of Noir I hope he isn’t out of commission for good he was one of my favorites.

My prediction of Maeve, Kimiko and Starlight stomping out Stormfront was right. I just wished Kimiko was the one with the finishing blow. Finally I had no idea that Congress women a Sup and responsible for blowing up people’s heads crazy.

Edited by Blackstar12

Perfect rule from Butcher to Ryan. That finale... as someone that only binged the first 6 seasons of GoT so didn’t have the time to fully enjoy them, that’s the best season finale I’ve experienced ever. 

The Congresswoman. WTF. I’ve never been more thrown for a loop. Looking forward to Deep’s character arc next season. Still undecided how I feel about A-Train.

Anyone who is in this thread after the show has aired deserves SPOILERS

Definitely didn't see the twist coming at the end there.  Everything pointed to them setting up the church of the collective as the next big bad (well Vought still is, but there has to be more than just them), and then boom.  I wonder if there were any hints that can picked up in hindsight about Newman, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

And of course Hughie trying to do the right thing is once again walking right into a **** storm.  

Homelander is going to go increasingly nuts, that much is evident.  I do like that he seemed to genuinely care about Ryan, but he's too messed up to do it anywhere near effectively.

I was looking forward to a Butcher/Ryan relationship next season, but it looks like he won't be involved next seasons if they are going the "hide him away" route.

Any number of ways they could go from here, hopefully they don't have too long of a break.

39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Anyone who is in this thread after the show has aired deserves SPOILERS

Homelander is going to go increasingly nuts, that much is evident.  I do like that he seemed to genuinely care about Ryan, but he's too messed up to do it anywhere near effectively.

I like how those scenes humanized Homelander. He probably would of grown up to be a decent person if it was not for vought. in a way he's a victim too

Edited by August4th
  • Like 2

Man oh man, this episode was great. So many good scenes, they really nailed and landed the finale. Absolutely love the twist at the end, she was one of the candidates that made sense, but with how everything was going, really sold it. Damn I love this show. And with them managing to wrap up the primary storylines, they could take season 3 in any direction (non-comic reader here).

• Like 1

SPOILERS

Vought keeps getting stronger. The Boys officially work for them now without even knowing it. I bet that congresswomen works for Vought. I bet they'll put a mole into the group next season or have completely new team that the Boys will have to deal with.

Edited by August4th

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Also, fitting end to Stormfront. 

Not convinced that’s the last we see of her. 

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I like how those scenes humanized Homelander. He probably would of grown up to be a decent person if it was not for vought. in a way he's a victim too

Some of the best parts of the season were his interactions in the finale with Ryan. 

• Like 1