2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

35 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Huge win for Dallas tonight....

What really disappoints me is that we really should be 0-8. We failed ourselves with those two accidental wins.

So, basically, we’re rooting for the Giants and Falcons to win, while wanting either the Jags or Texans to win (preferably the Jags), as long as they don’t tie. If those things happen, we’ll move to either 3rd or 4th in the draft.

To be fair, even if we can’t get Trevor Lawrence, I’m good with heavily considering Justin Fields. He’s really good.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

That’s the thing about a top 5 pick. You want defense. Great. Well there are only probably 2 defensive prospects worthy of a top 5 pick. Right now it looks like a LB in Parsons and maybe a CB in Farley. Idk

Very offensive heavy at the top. Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Chase, Waddle, Lance and a bunch of iOL

looks like a good first for CBs with Farley, Wade, Surtain. Idk about top 5 worthy though.

I think I want Lawrence, Sewell, Fields, Parsons, Farley in that order

15 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

There is nothing to not love about Micah Parsons. He’s a bonafide stud. That said, I’m not on board with using a top 5 pick on an off the ball LB. 

He isn't just an off the ball LB though. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

There is nothing to not love about Micah Parsons. He’s a bonafide stud. That said, I’m not on board with using a top 5 pick on an off the ball LB. 

That’s kinda the point of my post. You don’t really have a choice. If you don’t want a LB in the top 5 then fine, but I bet you don’t want a CB either. So I guess you want offense. Sure things can change. Maybe Rousseau blows up the combine, but right now I don’t see a Suh, a Chase Young, a Myles Garrett... there is no Bosa. Parsons seems like a worthy top 5 prospect but that’s about it when it comes to defense.

Personally, I think Sewell is the best non QB in the draft and plays a premium position, but we will need pick 3 at least

Edited by DaBoys

Honestly there’s only one position on defense that gets consistent top 5 love and that’s edge rusher. Although you can never have to many pass rushers, you have to admit that edge rusher isn’t really one of our biggest needs. Lawrence is still good despite what you hear, and Aldon Smith/Gregory on the other side is just fine. 

We need Safeties really badly. It’s dire when you miss Jeff Heath. We need DTs. We need CBs to get healthy. We need OL, and we need a TE. 

I hate to say we need LB with so much invested in LVE and Jaylon but, ...we need LBs

NFL Draft order after 8 weeks:

1) #Jets
2) #Giants
3) #Jaguars
4) #Dolphins (via HOU)
5) #Cowboys
6) #Falcons
7) #Washington
8 ) #Chargers
9) #Patriots
10) #Vikings

Have to assume the N.Y. teams are locks for Lawrence and Fields. I can’t imagine either team trading away from those two. Jags go next best QB with Wilson or possibly Lance. They shouldn’t trade away but, they might as other teams will be pressing. Miami takes Sewell. 

SF, Minnesota, Washington, and NE all have needs too at QB.

Dallas needs someone to screw up. The battle for QB is gonna be big and sitting outside the top 3 isn’t a good spot.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

That’s the thing about a top 5 pick. You want defense. Great. Well there are only probably 2 defensive prospects worthy of a top 5 pick. Right now it looks like a LB in Parsons and maybe a CB in Farley. Idk

Very offensive heavy at the top. Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Chase, Waddle, Lance and a bunch of iOL

looks like a good first for CBs with Farley, Wade, Surtain. Idk about top 5 worthy though.

I think I want Lawrence, Sewell, Fields, Parsons, Farley in that order

Agreed. I don't think Surtain and Wade are worthy of a top 5 pick. If you were to force my hand on a CB I would go Farley. 

I would have Rousseau at #6 on the list and if I had to choose between him or Parsons, I'm taking Parsons. You take the best defensive player available. 

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Pretty sure you are the only person who misses Heath. You keep bringing him up, no one else. 

It’s more of an indictment of our current safety play. Which is atrocious, and yes Heath was better. Pretty sure you’re the only one satisfied with our safety play. You keep sticking up for them. No one else does. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

It’s more of an indictment of our current safety play. Which is atrocious, and yes Heath was better. Pretty sure you’re the only one satisfied with our safety play. You keep sticking up for them. No one else does. 

I have? Can you please point to it? 

Ill wait. 

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I have? Can you please point to it? 

Ill wait. 

I casually mentioned how bad our safeties are and the direness of the situation being so bad it makes you miss Jeff Heath. It’s kind of a backhanded compliment to Heath and you felt the need to say something about it.

I guess you like our safeties. I guess that doesn’t Surprise me though. You tend to homer for current players 

Edited by DaBoys