Tracking the Seattle Seahawks

NewAge

25 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I hear you. I would not be upset with your scenario. I am just going with my favorite scenario. 

Either way, I am starting a veteran QB in Week 1 next year. That part changes not for me...unless it's Trevor Lawrence under center. He is the only rookie I want starting in Week 1 in 2021. Otherwise, give him the Aaron Rodgers treatment. Or the Patrick Mahomes treatment. Or even the Justin Herbert treatment (Week 2 starter due to injury).

That’s a coach decision really. With TC and all they know how ready that guy is. 

39 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

This is an unexpected bonus. I would like to take a shot at drafting our QB of the future with this pick. Draft Sewell second overall, and then look to free agency for our 2021 starting QB.

It's either a QB at two or you're trading down for a QB desperate team.  Drafting Sewell at two shouldn't really be an option.

54 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Either way, I am starting a veteran QB in Week 1 next year. That part changes not for me

I tend to lean that way as well. The issue is most HC’s feel they need to get their shiny new toy in the lineup sooner rather than later. Some also feel the best learning comes from actual game play. Bobby mentioned the coaches will know if they are ready. That is true, but nothing in practice compares to a real game. This is why having good OL protection and weapons is so important to a rookie QB.

I wonder if there are stats of all successful QB’s and the correlation as to when they became a full time starter.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Reverse for me. This OT class is stacked. Not that I want to go OT at 23... but I’d rather in your situation grab a QB at 2 and at Olineman at 23.

Fields and Davis is a real possibility. An all Ohio State 1st round

Everything right now is up in the air, if the Jets keep Darnold then trade the pick to QB needy teams, then grab the best WR/TE depending on where you land in the top 10 picks. The second pick in the draft would have to be a CB for me. ILB/OLB in round 2 then look to add to the line in round 3. Especially if the sign a top FA OL. The possibilities are endless

Got this assemby of stats from another jets fan...  Wow.  We should all thank Adams for enhancing that pick as much as he possibly could:

Your reminder of the following Jamal Adams stats from the 2020 season:

• 0 INT's
  • 3 Passes Deflected
  • 59 Solo Tackles
  • 1 Forced Fumble
  • Completion % allowed:  78.3 (25th worst of any defensive player in the NFL)
  • Yards per target allowed:  9.5 (33rd worst)
  • QB Rating against:  106.3 

And keep in mind that his 9.5 sacks this season required 98 blitz attempts, 7th most in the NFL.  For comparison purposes, T.J. Watt blitzed 97 times, but got 15.0 Sacks.  Watt also had 1 INT and 7 Pass Deflections, plus 2 Forced Fumbles.

And unlike Watt, when Adams failed to get to the QB, he left the secondary position he was leaving exposed.  Hence a big reason why the Seattle defense allowed the 2nd most pass yards and tied for the most passing first downs allowed in the league this year. 

this was one colossal trade failure for Pete Carroll.  Just a disaster.

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 2:04 PM, Big T said:

Everything right now is up in the air, if the Jets keep Darnold then trade the pick to QB needy teams, then grab the best WR/TE depending on where you land in the top 10 picks. The second pick in the draft would have to be a CB for me. ILB/OLB in round 2 then look to add to the line in round 3. Especially if the sign a top FA OL. The possibilities are endless

No way I see Douglas not drafting a QB,  Darnold is not the player we were told he was. He was supposed to be this very accurate passer while on the run, and that is anything but the truth, in fact he is one of the worst passer when he is out of the pocket. All Darnold is just another SO CAL bust.

49 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

No way I see Douglas not drafting a QB,  Darnold is not the player we were told he was. He was supposed to be this very accurate passer while on the run, and that is anything but the truth, in fact he is one of the worst passer when he is out of the pocket. All Darnold is just another SO CAL bust.

Sorry but it is truly a possibility.

• 7 months later...
11 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Let's bring this baby back up and add the Panthers too.

I’ll never root for it but the Seahawks are a Russel Wilson injury away from giving us a top 7 pick. He masks how bad that team has gotten. 

I don’t think the Panthers are good either and could honestly see us beating them week 1. We aren’t going to win many games but we could realistically have 4 picks in the top 45. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I’ll never root for it but the Seahawks are a Russel Wilson injury away from giving us a top 7 pick. He masks how bad that team has gotten. 

I don’t think the Panthers are good either and could honestly see us beating them week 1. We aren’t going to win many games but we could realistically have 4 picks in the top 45. 

I know it is way to early, but you are right we really have a real shot  of having four picks in the first 45 picks. The only problem i see is if the Jets make a trade to get a pass rusher this year due to the injury to Lawson, and give up one of those picks. This Lawson, injury is a disaster for the defensive.

Edited by doumeyer

On 8/23/2021 at 5:41 AM, doumeyer said:

I know it is way to early, but you are right we really have a real shot  of having four picks in the first 45 picks. The only problem i see is if the Jets make a trade to get a pass rusher this year due to the injury to Lawson, and give up one of those picks. This Lawson, injury is a disaster for the defensive.

JD isn't giving up a top pick for a bandaid.  He's looking to do a 5th or a 6th on a stopgap most likely.  I wouldn't worry about him giving up a premium pick.