MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

42 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Coming from the dude who went AT BAT vs me before the playoffs last year for saying Lamar was going to choke, not a good passer when the running lanes close up vs playoff defenses, too concerned with haters and praise than the job at hand, etc. I'll stick with my QB evaluation skills.

Now on Mahomes. Mahomes is ungodly talented and that loss to Brady in his MVP year when Dee Ford lined up 9 yards offsides just added to the formula that helped to create your future GOAT. This is the best part, we get to watch the career arc of the G.O.A.T in realtime! The sooner you realize it the more you're like ****, I'm spoiled! I remember interviews with him right after that season he just said straight up he's got to work on being a leader and things like going up to dudes in the lockerroom that are way older than him and telling them what to do along with other answers that made it clear this kid really doesn't care about anything but winning championships. It sounded like Brady came into KC's lockerroom after the game to acknowledge Mahomes but Mahomes didn't really care and was just pissed off that they lost. This kid is a psycopath much like Brady and Jordan. The tells are all there.

The way he was so blunt in interviews that offseason afforded me the insight to see into the future and predict the championship last season. And plus our guys went from talking about the superbowl every other week in Mahomes MVP year to not saying a peep about it the following year. Thats when you knew Mahomes had them boys on a mission. They were going to get the Lombardi and there wasn't anything anyone was going to do to stop them. Lamar would get his MVP, and Mahomes would get his Lombardi trophy. This year will be much of the same; Rodgers will get his MVP, Mahomes will get his Lombardi trophy.

All of those things could happen, and this post would still be crazy...

Mahomes has earned a lot of accomplishments, we don't need to heap on more that have not already come to be

And man, Brady's been doing this for two decades! Just killing teams and an entire conference. So be careful crowning someone the all time champ too early ;)

Jordan Love being drafted may have provided an initial spark of motivation for Rodgers to kick it up a notch but that perceived slight isn’t sustainable. His MVP caliber season is bcuz of how hard he worked to get back to basics with his footwork, mechanics, using his surrounding skill players to the best of their ability and being 100% comfortable in MLF’s offense. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm still pushing the narrative that Scorched Earth Godgers is due entirely to Jordan Love's being drafted by the Packers. 

This post is why we should be allowed to put MODS on IGNORE.
I'm going to start a petition somewhere somehow with somebody soon and you'll rue the day you typed that blasphemy !

Any chance your first name is " Richard" ?

fast-times-at-ridgmont-high-funniest-sce

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Jordan Love being drafted may have provided an initial spark of motivation for Rodgers to kick it up a notch but that perceived slight isn’t sustainable. His MVP caliber season is bcuz of how hard he worked to get back to basics with his footwork, mechanics, using his surrounding skill players to the best of their ability and being 100% comfortable in MLF’s offense. 

Actually it seems like Rodgers is able to take any slight, perceived or otherwise, and make it work for him for however long he wants

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Coming from the dude who went AT BAT vs me before the playoffs last year for saying Lamar was going to choke, not a good passer when the running lanes close up vs playoff defenses, too concerned with haters and praise than the job at hand, etc. I'll stick with my QB evaluation skills.

Now on Mahomes. Mahomes is ungodly talented and that loss to Brady in his MVP year when Dee Ford lined up 9 yards offsides just added to the formula that helped to create your future GOAT. This is the best part, we get to watch the career arc of the G.O.A.T in realtime! The sooner you realize it the more you're like ****, I'm spoiled! I remember interviews with him right after that season he just said straight up he's got to work on being a leader and things like going up to dudes in the lockerroom that are way older than him and telling them what to do along with other answers that made it clear this kid really doesn't care about anything but winning championships. It sounded like Brady came into KC's lockerroom after the game to acknowledge Mahomes but Mahomes didn't really care and was just pissed off that they lost. This kid is a psycopath much like Brady and Jordan. The tells are all there.

The way he was so blunt in interviews that offseason afforded me the insight to see into the future and predict the championship last season. And plus our guys went from talking about the superbowl every other week in Mahomes MVP year to not saying a peep about it the following year. Thats when you knew Mahomes had them boys on a mission. They were going to get the Lombardi and there wasn't anything anyone was going to do to stop them. Lamar would get his MVP, and Mahomes would get his Lombardi trophy. This year will be much of the same; Rodgers will get his MVP, Mahomes will get his Lombardi trophy.

Haha you are sooooo mad that he's not gonna win MVP

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

Actually it seems like Rodgers is able to take any slight, perceived or otherwise, and make it work for him for however long he wants

Maybe but that’s just fan inference at best. We have no way to quantify such things but it is a component that’s for sure. 

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Rodgers reverted to playing Hero - ball vs Tampa, clearly the opportunity to "beat" Tom got into his head and he has to own that one.
Hopefully, he's over that silliness because they may face off again before this season is over

Had nothing to do with facing Tom. We moved the ball at will the first two drives and went up 10-0.

Rodgers doesn't get over picks like most QBs do. He almost never throws them, but it's like he's personally offended. Linsley said he he could hear Rodgers yelling motherf'ers out there Sunday night the moment the ball left his hand when he threw the pick to Butler. A reporter asked him after the game if he'll remember the 4 TDs more or the pick, and he said obviously the pick.

Well he threw 2 on back to back passes (not sure that's ever happened before) and one was a pick 6. He went into a shell for the rest of the game and so did the team.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Had nothing to do with facing Tom. We moved the ball at will the first two drives and went up 10-0.

Rodgers doesn't get over picks like most QBs do. He almost never throws them, but it's like he's personally offended. Linsley said he he could hear Rodgers yelling motherf'ers out there Sunday night the moment the ball left his hand when he threw the pick to Butler. A reporter asked him after the game if he'll remember the 4 TDs more or the pick, and he said obviously the pick.

Well he threw 2 on back to back passes (not sure that's ever happened before) and one was a pick 6. He went into a shell for the rest of the game and so did the team.

Honestly, the Tampa game was just WEIRD. It seemed like one of those situations where a tiny snowball became an avalanche and once it was in motion there was no pushing back against it.

I'm not saying GB would automatically beat them, but even during that game I thought to myself, if they just scratched this whole thing and started over, it would be completely different.

I dunno, Tampa absolutely can beat GB, because that offense can be nasty, but given his age and track record this season, on any given sunday you might get terrifyingly good Brady, or something closer to ordinary Brady. And if he's not on his game, I still think that team is stupid as hell and will crash. As long as he's on, it's Brady holding that whole operation together.

2 hours ago, DannyB said:

Haha you are sooooo mad that he's not gonna win MVP

I've decided I'm taking a new approach. For this particular poster, it's... Dunking on him.

michael jordan dunk GIF by NBA

Enjoy! Good dunk on the KC Groupie!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Had nothing to do with facing Tom.

Perhaps you're right
He threw picks while facing Brady on the national stage - isn't it possible that he was even more pissed off about those vs others ?
I surely don't know - but the next 7 drives were all punts and 5 of those were 3 & outs punctuated by him ignoring the easy toss and trying to hit something bigger
That's where the hero-ball comment comes from. I didn't have the stomach to watch it a second time, so I could be off base

40 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've decided I'm taking a new approach. For this particular poster, it's... Dunking on him.

michael jordan dunk GIF by NBA

Enjoy! Good dunk on the KC Groupie!

When Mahomes galvanizes the troops again and wins B2B superbowls somehow only I saw coming...

Manute+Bol+2.jpg

I can already see a certain Chief fan coming in here if Packers lose this week claiming Mahomes is MVP. For Rodgers to lose MVP at this point, it would take more than a loss. Something like a loss and 0 TD 3 INT game 1 TD 4 INT game. Just total Bear Destruction basically. Rodgers is pretty decently ahead and the #1 seed does not matter.

I know it won’t happen but if ARod laid a dud and Allen delivered another signature game - this thread would go nuts if Allen snuck in and got it.

(FTR I’m sticking with ARod - Mahomes - Allen, but just saying LOL)

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 6:11 PM, Packerraymond said:

The reason why we lost to Tampa that day was because Rodgers was under siege the entire game.  He was getting hit almost every time he threw even in those first 2 drives.  I don't care who is under center - if a QB is running for his life that offense can't function.