2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

40 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Michael Kay. 

If we get rid of Gase then after the next game they'll ask him questions about the difference between now and then and so on. Let's just let this end.

Media sucks and looks nto stir the pot.  But we should not drive decisions based on them.  

Agree to disagree on the timing of Gase being canned.  At least we heoth agree he needs to go.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I feel bad for him too but not because of the reasons others do but because of the media and this nonsense about who's calling plays. 

Why not ask Sam why he's throwing bad picks and missing throws? Why not ask Sam what does he think he can do to play better?

No they ask this kid who's calling plays as if it matters to him. I'm pretty sure would rather talk about his bad play rather than all the drama. I give Darnold credit for never placing blame on anyone else and making excuses like everyone else does for him. 

They did ask that. And it was all robotic answers.  He's shot.

Keep Gase until the last game, don't ruin this run lol.  If we win games that would be awful for this team. We DESERVE the 1st pick, we are the worst team by far and need it more than any team. Not only for Trevor Lawrence, but for having the 1st pick in each round. 

It would then set us up for a nice rebuild, I think we have the ability to lure a decent HC with our draft picks and cap space. There is potential here. Our OL is in much better shape than last offseason, we have a dominant LT to build around. Makes things really easy, if we go out and sign a OG like Thuney, the OL starts becoming good.   

I just found out that Mike McDaniels had not drunk alcoholic beverage since 2016.  Falcons company and Kyle Shanahan helped him through the hard first stage of recovery.  Because of that, I don't think it is good idea for McDaniels to work with either Jets or Giants.  One struggle in NY/NJ and he may relapse and wreck everything inside and outside.  Too dangerous for him really.

lol I will fly to New York and drop kick CJ if they wait until the final two games to fire Gase like they care. 

The damage is done and we waited too long to act like we care to save the season. Ride it out and continue to take the bashing and pray it doesn't bother Lawrence. Then hire a coach that can clean this up. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol I will fly to New York and drop kick CJ if they wait until the final two games to fire Gase like they care. 

The damage is done and we waited too long to act like we care to save the season. Ride it out and continue to take the bashing and pray it doesn't bother Lawrence. Then hire a coach that can clean this up. 

giphy.gif

They think they can win 5 games and get out of rock bottom in no time. Thus, they play real real real hard.

I want Saleh or Bieniemy, period. I want the guy coordinating the best unit in the league and both of those guys do. 

What SF did to the Rams last week without a QB (essentially) was damn impressive.

If Bieniemy is a better fit because of Lawrence (offense), then that is cool with me.

All other candidates are second choices in my view.

On 12/1/2020 at 3:49 PM, JetsandI said:

NFL HC vacancies (current and potential) with guesswork for replacement.

Texans- Brian Daboll

Lions- Robert Saleh

Jets- Mike LaFleur

Eagles- Don Martindale

Chargers- Arthur Smith.

Jaguars- Eric Bieniemy

Bears- Jim Harbaugh.

I'm pretty close to you but I have

Jets Jim Harbaugh

Bears Pat Fitzgareld

Lions Mike LaFleur

I don't see Saleh getting a HC job just yet. 

The main gut I want now is Joe Brady for the Jets.

It would be criminal if Saleh did not get a job again this off-season. I mean, what the hell does this guy have to do? I'd like to see any other DC try to cope with losing the players he has lost, and also lose a ton of guys on the other side of the ball, and try to remain competitive. His defense dominated last week, and they still aren't at full strength.

Plus, so many teams look flat week after week after week. No life. This guy has more energy than any player on the field. I think that counts for something.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It would be criminal if Saleh did not get a job again this off-season. I mean, what the hell does this guy have to do? I'd like to see any other DC try to cope with losing the players he has lost, and also lose a ton of guys on the other side of the ball, and try to remain competitive. His defense dominated last week, and they still aren't at full strength.

Plus, so many teams look flat week after week after week. No life. This guy has more energy than any player on the field. I think that counts for something.

You have to remember there is only 32 HC jobs. You will usually see 3-5 jobs open up a year. i also feel most teams want a OC guy to be their HC. 

I have a new NUMBER 1 guy on my HC list.!!!!

I want 

JOE BRADY!!!!

I know he is very young at 31 but you have had a lot of young guys take over that have done really well from McVey to Mike Tomlin. These guys where hired very young but these NFL teams wanted these guys no matter their age.