Tank for Trevor?

rf54

Looks like Vikings messed up another draft pick selection, Devante Downs looked pretty solid last night for the Giants.  Wish we had him on the roster right now, he could be seeing a lot of time at LB.  And oddly enough Epps who I was not a big fan of coming out of school over his teammate Wingard, but still he has started on the Eagles a few times this year.  PS Wingard is a pretty decent pro and obviously a better player than Epps is right now on Jacksonville and was a UDFA Epps was a 6th round pick by the Vikes.

15 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I mean Pat Mahomes is doing pretty well for himself in lowly KC....

That's still not NY money.  I'm sure he does pretty well with his Nebraska Furniture Mart  and Hy-Vee commercials (yes, I live here in KC), but that's still nowhere near the money that can be made in NY.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

That's still not NY money.  I'm sure he does pretty well with his Nebraska Furniture Mart  and Hy-Vee commercials (yes, I live here in KC), but that's still nowhere near the money that can be made in NY.

I mean you are leaving out Adidas, Oakley, Essentia, State Farm, and DirectTV along with his half a billion contract. I'm sure he's not worried about a few more million!

New York comes with a bleep ton more stress because the media is relentless and you're constantly under a microscope....and the Jets have been one of the worst dumpster fires for a decade and haven't won a division since 2002 and haven't made the playoffs in a decade and have done nothing with two top-5 QBs.

I mean would you rather go to the Jets and make a few more million in endorsements and have to deal with the added stress or go to Minnesota or ATL or WFT, still make millions of endorsements and probably land a mega contract?

"Trevor Lawrence here for Kwik Trip!"

Maybe he doesn't mind the stress of NYJ. He seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders but he'd hold every ounce of leverage in the world if he says "Ehhh, I'm not going to sign with the Jets if they take me....How about Atlanta so I can be 2 hours away from home?"

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

Remaining schedules listed below for teams currently in top 10. Included the current NFCE division leader as the non division winners are likely picking in the top 10. Bolded games are matchups with teams picking in the top 10, totals in parenthesis after teams schedule.

1. New York Jets (0-6): BUF, @ KC, NE, @ LAC, MIA, LV, @ SEA, @ LAR, CLE, @ NE (1)

2. New York Giants (1-6): TB, @ WAS, PHI, @ CIN, @ SEA, ARI, CLE, @ BAL, DAL (3)

3. Washington (1-5): DAL, NYG, @ DET, CIN, @ DAL, @ PIT, @ SF, SEA, CAR, @ PHI (4)

4. Atlanta Falcons (1-5): DET, @ CAR, DEN, @ NO, LV, NO, @ LAC, TB, @ KC, @ TB (1)

5. Jacksonville (1-5): @LAC, HOU, @ GB, PIT, CLE, @ MIN, TEN, @ BAL, CHI, @ IND (3)

6. Minnesota Vikings (1-5): @ GB, DET, @ CHI, DAL, CAR, JAC, @ TB, CHI, @ NO, @ DET (2)

*7. Houston Texans (1-5): GB, @ JAC, @ CLE, NE, @ DET, IND, @ CHI, @ IND, CIN, TEN (2)

8. Los Angeles Chargers (1-4): JAC, @ DEN, LV, @ MIA, NYJ, @ BUF, NE, ATL, @ LV, DEN, @ KC (4)

9. Cincinnati Bengals (1-4-1): CLE, TEN, @ PIT, @ WAS, NYG, @ MIA, DAL, PIT, @ HOU, BAL (4)

10. Dallas Cowboys (2-4): @ WAS, @ PHI, PIT, @ MIN, WAS, @ BAL, @ CIN, SF, PHI, @ NYG (5)

19. Philadelphia Eagles (2-4-1): DAL, @ NYG, @ CLE, SEA, @ GB, NO, @ ARI, @ DAL, WAS (4)

*Pick belongs to Miami Dolphins

22 minutes ago, RpMc said:

New York Jets' only winnable games look like Miami (division game against a below average opponent) and Cleveland (Browns gonna Brown).  I'd consider those more winnable games than LAC.

I saw somewhere on Twitter, I think, about BB resting his starters in week 17 to give the Jets the W thus blocking them from the #1 pick. The ultimate BB move haha. Wouldn't that be something.

3 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I mean would you rather go to the Jets and make a few more million in endorsements and have to deal with the added stress or go to Minnesota or ATL or WFT, still make millions of endorsements and probably land a mega contract?

Me?  Of course, I'd stay away from the NY market, but I'm not a professional athlete nor am I an extrovert.  There's a reason why Eli Manning wanted to go to NY instead of San Diego.  Now, I don't know Trevor Lawrence or his personality, but the question wasn't about preference, it was about whether he'd refuse to play in NY and want to go somewhere else.  I tell you that ain't gonna happen.

50 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This thread kind of started as a joke, especially with offseason expectations, but man you guys really are in tank mode now.

No...I can't stand the idea of tanking -- whether you're joking or not. I know some guys think that just because this is a lost season tanking is somehow validated, but in my opinion it never is. I hate it. I hate that this thread continues to be posted on week after week since week 1. It has become a jinx. 

If this team continues to lose because they are that bad so be it, but I would never root for a team that lays over and dies. Where's the John Randle ferocity?

I won't post on this thread again. I just wish everyone else would follow this move and stop.

Am I being too serious? By far, but others have been too flippant about the idea. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, babababa said:

No...I can't stand the idea of tanking -- whether you're joking or not. I know some guys think that just because this is a lost season tanking is somehow validated, but in my opinion it never is. I hate it. I hate that this thread continues to be posted on week after week since week 1. It has become a jinx. 

If this team continues to lose because they are that bad so be it, but I would never root for a team that lays over and dies. Where's the John Randle ferocity?

I won't post on this thread again. I just wish everyone else would follow this move and stop.

Am I being too serious? By far, but others have been too flippant about the idea. 

Part of me agrees wholeheartedly with you...another part of me just wants to say "lighten up Francis!"