What movie are you watching?

Forge

Red Notice on Netflix.

Its worth watching only if you ever wanted to know how to waste two of the most entertaining actors in Hollywood in the same movie.

It feels like a Michael Bay movie on every level.    Just big stars in a series of pretty entertaining action sequences, extremely bland humor and absolutely zero substance.

3 hours ago, 43M said:

Red Notice on Netflix.

Its worth watching only if you ever wanted to know how to waste two of the most entertaining actors in Hollywood in the same movie.

It feels like a Michael Bay movie on every level.    Just big stars in a series of pretty entertaining action sequences, extremely bland humor and absolutely zero substance.

Can’t forget all the pointless twists.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

How was this? Kidman seems like such a bad fit for Lucille Ball.

Haven’t seen the movie but reviews say she only plays Lucy in character for only a few mins. The rest is more behind the scenes. Unless that’s how Lucille Ball acted all the time 

Edited by Fresh Prince

50 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Haven’t seen the movie but reviews say she only plays Lucy in character for only a few mins. The rest is more behind the scenes. Unless that’s how Lucille Ball acted all the time 

She crushes the dramatic parts and was surprisingly very good comedically as Lucy while filming their show.  I don’t know if Lucille Ball was mostly serious when the camera wasn’t rolling considering how legendary her physical comedy was. You hardly see any of it off camera tho which is a bit hard to reconcile (imagine other comedic actors like Jim Carey, Robin Williams, etc being so serious all the time off screen) but maybe she was. After all, this was a different era which is showcased here along with her struggles to be taken seriously as an actress. 

Javier Bardem is incredible in this and steals the show as Desi. JK Simmons was awesome and I had no idea that his character had such animosity with his costar Vivian.  It’s an excellent cast all around. 

But the true star of this movie is Aaron Sorkin, of course.  The structure and format of this film is reminiscent of some of his other films which means you’re getting elite content. And he clearly put the work in research-wise so I’m guessing Kidman was in point considering he fought for her to get the part. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

She crushes the dramatic parts and was surprisingly very good comedically as Lucy while filming their show.  I don’t know if Lucille Ball was mostly serious when the camera wasn’t rolling considering how legendary her physical comedy was. You hardly see any of it off camera tho which is a bit hard to reconcile (imagine other comedic actors like Jim Carey, Robin Williams, etc being so serious all the time off screen) but maybe she was. After all, this was a different era which is showcased here along with her struggles to be taken seriously as an actress. 

Javier Bardem is incredible in this and steals the show as Desi. JK Simmons was awesome and I had no idea that his character had such animosity with his costar Vivian.  It’s an excellent cast all around. 

But the true star of this movie is Aaron Sorkin, of course.  The structure and format of this film is reminiscent of some of his other films which means you’re getting elite content. And he clearly put the work in research-wise so I’m guessing Kidman was in point considering he fought for her to get the part. 

I’m a big fan or Sorkin, will have to watch this

Two Night Stand. Watched it cause I used to think Analeigh Tipton was cute and haven’t seen Miles Teller in anything in a long time. This has to be probably one of the last young millennial romcoms ever made and definitely felt millennialesque. Positives were a unique concept for a romcom, both being totally average in the looks department and breaking down hookups to a more analytical level but it wasnt great. Tipton’s dancing was so cringe in one scene lol.  5/10

I watched Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City last night.

I see potential in it but my god did they fumble. They just had to cram as many video game names, scenes, etc into one movie. If they would’ve taken this concept and done it over 2-3 movies it could have worked really well imo. 

It was shot like a film grad got a big budget. But it was also set in 1998 iirc, so I’m just calling it a throwback and not necessarily bad artistic choices.

There’s a mid credits scene if anyone cares. 

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

I rewatched Die Hard a couple nights ago.  Awesome film, great characters, great action and great tension.  Even on rewatches, theres still more tension then in most movies made today.  Alan Rickman(in his first film role) was great as Hans Gruber.  Bruce Willis is great as an every man.  Some things he does you believe he'd do(try to get cops over to Nakatomi plaza) When the action happens you buy it more because you care about his character.  Die Hard gets my highest rating infinity/10.  And yes, it is a Christmas movie.  

My only issue was on my rewatch it was on Amazon Prime and there were ads all though out the film.  

Edited by Bowler1215

We watched Scrooged and Die Hard yesterday.. My 15 an 14 year old girls hated Scrooged and didn't like DieHard at first, but as the movie kept going realized that its awesome.... Half way through Die Hard when they weren't liking it and already didn't like scrooged I thought.. I am a failure as a father.... ha ha 

• Like 2