Week 2 - Rams (1-0) @ Eagles (0-1)

TheRealMcCoy

What if something was brought to FO's attention before the draft about Carson, an off the field non-injury related concern, that led them to make the Hurts pick? If Wentz looks like this for most of the rest of the year, that is the theory I'm rolling with.

However, I am still of the belief that we are just seeing a particularly bad low, exaggerated by the wonky offseason and external help or lack thereof, in the natural ebb and flow observed with every middle tier QB (and by middle tier I am pretty much including any QB who is either not considered elite, or not considered a franchise QB/potential franchise QB). If we get more of the same with Carson next week in a must win vs weak Bengals D, then that panic meter for Carson jumps to a 7 or 8/10 and I begin believing there is something we don't know going on here. He is 27 and hasn't had a major injury/operation in 2 years... Why would he just start sucking?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What if something was brought to FO's attention before the draft about Carson, an off the field non-injury related concern, that led them to make the Hurts pick? If Wentz looks like this for most of the rest of the year, that is the theory I'm rolling with.

Maybe. I don't mind the Hurts pick. QB is the most valuable position and Wentz hasn't proven he can stay healthy and now he's having mechanical/accuracy issues.

I haven't given up on him like some Eagles fans have been looking for an excuse to since the SB, but the fact he's having these issues in year 5 is concerning.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

However, I am still of the belief that we are just seeing a particularly bad low, exaggerated by the wonky offseason and external help or lack thereof, in the natural ebb and flow observed with every middle tier QB (and by middle tier I am pretty much including any QB who is either not considered elite, or not considered a franchise QB/potential franchise QB). If we get more of the same with Carson next week in a must win vs weak Bengals D, then that panic meter for Carson jumps to a 7 or 8/10 and I begin believing there is something we don't know going on here. He is 27 and hasn't had a major injury/operation in 2 years... Why would he just start sucking?

Yes.... this could be a bad low, but we still aren't the 10-6 to 11-5 team that I was expecting and hoping for if we were healthy.

Granted I didn't expect Doug and Carson to be this bad to start the year.

I don't think Wentz is the only thing we should be worried about at this point. Obviously he is the biggest thing, but I don't think Pederson is some amazing play caller and we really could use a fresh perspective that will bring new ideas to help rejuvenate Wentz. We also should think about replacing Press Taylor like the Eagles always go on about how smart and good he is, but it seemed like Carson relied a lot on McCown as a veteran presence last year. Why are Wentz's mechanics and overthrows even more of a problem now than they were a year or two ago? Taylor has to come under more scrutiny if the WR, DE, and CB coaches came under similar scrutiny and were fired after not developing at their positions. Jim Schwartz remains a top half of the league defensive coordinator, but it really seems like he folds against good play callers/offenses and has big defensive games usually against bad QBs/offenses. He did have a gem of a performance in 2018 against McVay. Schwartz should obviously be a defensive coordinator somewhere, but I'm kind of ready for a change.

We have our work cut out for us this year at 1-2 with a tough stretch of games against the 49ers, Steelers, and Ravens after the Bengals game which isn't a gimme against a smart rookie QB in Burrow and the receiver talent they have. I can see their size at receiver giving NRC and Maddox problems.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Falcons and Lions know how to choke with the best of them. Please Bengals, put us out of our misery next week for real so we can go full tank. 

Who do we even tank for?

Does tank mean top 5 pick (we probably can't finish that bad)?

If yes.... then Penei Sewell.

If top 10 then Ja'Marr Chase, Micah Parsons, Patrick Surtain II, Caleb Farley, and I guess Gregory Rousseau are some names to think about.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Boy, if we can get Chase I'm down to lose out. This team isn't going anywhere and it's time to actually get a superstar. Ertz is washed get rid of him for a 3rd to Arz. Reagor looks like a good complimenting wr but not a one. Ward has been disappointing to say the least. Hopefully Hightower gets better as he had a great camp. we need to get rid of the x y z positions and just have them switch around. 

Back to this season, I hate how we keep switching out wrs every play... Wentz isnt going to get in any rhythm with the wideouts if we keep switching them out. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If top 10 then Ja'Marr Chase, Micah Parsons, Patrick Surtain II, Caleb Farley, and I guess Gregory Rousseau are some names to think about.

Ye of little faith 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Would be sweet to get any of them, 

A stud corner to play opposite Slay, a good DE to move on from disappointing DB (he’s infuriating to watch), or just getting a stud player for once in Micah.... a number one WR to play opposite Reagor would be great, but the way Wentz has been these games what’s the point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1