Isaiah Wilson

AirMcNair

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly, I’m more bothered by him being late than missing practice with a headache. You know you’ve made a terrible impression, the absolute bare minimum you can do is show up on time, even if you have a “headache.”

It's something every person who's ever had a job can relate too. I can't even count how many times I've went to work with a headache and even worse, and I have to listen to screaming kids.😄 People who miss work and are late because of a stupid reason are the one's you crack jokes about in the break room. An NFL locker room is much more ruthless than that and based of what we know about his psyche, I don't see how he handles that in any other way than folding even more.

I never wanted to draft an RT with the first pick anyways

I wanted to fix the pass rush at all costs 

CB was the other need at the time and we got lucky with Fulton falling to the 2nd round 

The only semi positive thing to say about Wilson is I never wanted to see him this year anyways so I’m glad Kelly isn’t giving the Titans a reason to need to play Wilson

Hopefully Sambrailo is able to do enough to be good enough the rest of the way 

And more importantly hopefully this kid grows up this offseason 

I've said it before it felt like a wasted pick because he left so much to be desired in pass pro it was hard to see him translating to the NFL on the outside.

Now a guy that needs a ton of work doesn't appear to have a desire to work hard...

I bet he never plays a down for the Titans. This was my least favorite pick that we've ever made and he's given no reason to think it would be anything else. I liked it less than I liked Kevin Dodd at the time.

Edited by TitanSS

My biggest criticism about Robinson would probably be his tendency to focus in on a single position in the first round. He either reaches or trades up to get his guy.

I wish we would have traded up if he was focused on getting an OT because there were 5 1st round OTs in the last draft and we took the 6th one.

20 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Roos or Big Country would probably just end up smacking him around, tbh.

I remember Lewan saying(maybe on his podcast? forget where) that watching Roos prepare and play(granted only for like 4 or 5 games given Roos went out with an injury early in to his last season/Lewan's rookie year) really helped him understand what it took to be a pro in the league and was a big part in settling him down. Though that seemed to be a lead by example thing from Roos, not a speech or anything, so not sure what good that does for Wilson with Roos being retired.

39 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Man I can't believe we whiffed on the mental / character portion so badly with Wilson.

I truly wonder what effect, if any, not being able to sit and meet with him face to face played. Zooming with someone is different from actually sitting down and meeting them up close and personal.

On 10/24/2020 at 6:31 PM, TitanSlim said:

I truly wonder what effect, if any, not being able to sit and meet with him face to face played. Zooming with someone is different from actually sitting down and meeting them up close and personal.

Another thing that covid messed up is his arrival. Titans had a strong locker room and have shown a willingness to take chances on character already, but not having those vet players to be around in the offseason to steer young guys in the right direction is normally pivotal in those kinds of cases.