Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Baker bailing constantly from clean pockets was also tedious. 

I honestly think that's natural for QBs to do that that get hit that often. It's tough to criticize them for it. That's just basic human conditioning. 

That is more on Kitchens design of the offense and not adapting to Baker constantly getting hit.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I honestly think that's natural for QBs to do that that get hit that often. It's tough to criticize them for it. That's just basic human conditioning. 

That is more on Kitchens design of the offense and not adapting to Baker constantly getting hit.

Yep, it's got to be a human condition - but he's bailing from pockets when the interior is holding up. He needs to navigate and step up in the pocket, that's what good QBs do. IF he wants to be a top 10 QB, he'll need to start doing that because he's leaving open receivers. I don't doubt it's scary, but the OL was keeping him clean quite often as well.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Week 3 Unit-talk

Cowboys OL again...Smith recorded 36 pass-block snaps, surrendered zero pressures, maintaining a perfect pass-block. Dallas offensive line only allowed six quarterback pressures on the day and just one sack. 

What's insane is that Smith isn't even their best OL this year. La'el Collins is having a next level year. He's looked decent and had flashes his first few years, but he's turned it on this year. Best RT in the NFL so far this year and it isn't close IMO. Bulaga is distant 2nd.

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I wonder how these stats are tracked it seems Cam Jordan should possibly be higher

I've looked into this before and reached out to both PFF and the company the NFL gets their official statistics from. They both classify pressures differently. I got a pretty decent answer from the company the NFL works with (forget their name), never got an answer from PFF. Since then, I've been really dubious of PFF's pressure statistics.

This isn’t a stat, just an observation.

Sean McDermott is taking the “butt slap” to a whole new level and touching guys on the front for moral support. 

This is taking team cohesiveness to a whole new level.

Love Tap

3-0 .... trust the process?

Edited by Dome