Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

@LeotheLion => here are the quotes from the Cowboys forum, which I then reposted in the Goff thread. This was the arguments that Jrry got feisty and called me cherry picker over and over while proceeding to claim that he crushed me in the argument:

On 9/12/2019 at 10:22 AM, Matts4313 said:

Daks last 16 games (including playoffs) is better than Goffs. Wentz has only played 14 games in 2018 + 2019. Daks last 14 games are better than Wentz. 

Those arent small sample sizes. And those, for better or worse, are his most direct comps. But even more than that, his last 16 games are top 10 in the NFL. 

On 9/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, Matts4313 said:

Strictly for the last 16 games?

Goff 4184 yards passing, 349/572, 61% comp, 24 TDs, 13 ints, 88 passer rating 

Dak 4290 yards passing, 392/535, 73% comp, 34 TDs, 7 ints, 107 passer rating 

@jrry32 @ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

Here are the stats for 2018-2019 all games link

On 9/14/2019 at 6:18 PM, Matts4313 said:

Got in a debate with jrry. Ended up pulling every game, including playoffs, between Dak/Goff from 2018-2019. Goff has 20 games, Dak 19:

Over the course of both seasons every game:

DAK: 423/623 - 68%, 4782 (+349 Rush), 28 tds (+8 Rush TD), 9 INTs, 100 QB Rating

GOFF: 446/706 - 63%, 5586 (+130 Rush), 34 TDs (+2 Rush TD), 15 INTs, 94 QB rating

^^ Even with our pre-cooper trash WRs. 

^^^ As you can clearly see, 16 games in the first quote. Both seasons in the second quote.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

@LeotheLion => here are the quotes from the Cowboys forum, which I then reposted in the Goff thread. This was the arguments that Jrry got feisty and called me cherry picker over and over while proceeding to claim that he crushed me in the argument:

^^^ As you can clearly see, 16 games in the first quote. Both seasons in the second quote.

Gotcha. Must have remembered wrong. Too many Goff threads to keep up with now.

Observation(s) that I can't really quantify, and may not be true, but seem to be true. And this may be very "Get Off My Lawn"-ish:

Compared to predecessors, young, modern QBs have low pocket awareness, no idea how to protect themselves from injury, maneuver in the pocket, scramble smartly, or take a hit.

They also are much less adept at intuitively reading a defense both pre and post snap, outside of what their coaches have explicitly programmed into their brains. They don't have as much "feel", or instinct for defenses as prior generations.

Am I off base? I might be.

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Observation(s) that I can't really quantify, and may not be true, but seem to be true. And this may be very "Get Off My Lawn"-ish:

Compared to predecessors, young, modern QBs have low pocket awareness, no idea how to protect themselves from injury, maneuver in the pocket, scramble smartly, or take a hit.

They also are much less adept at intuitively reading a defense both pre and post snap, outside of what their coaches have explicitly programmed into their brains. They don't have as much "feel", or instinct for defenses as prior generations.

Am I off base? I might be.

It's just the matter of experience. A lot of these more experienced guys lacked pocket awareness when they were younger. Carson Wentz is guilty of not noticing guys a decent amount of the time, but he has pretty darn good pocket awareness usually.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's just the matter of experience. A lot of these more experienced guys lacked pocket awareness when they were younger. Carson Wentz is guilty of not noticing guys a decent amount of the time, but he has pretty darn good pocket awareness usually.

So it's completely in my head? Previous generations of quarterbacks have all generally looked like this? I dunno man.

I feel like college offenses, coaching, and the trend towards QBs being thrust into a starting role virtually immediately all contribute a bit.

5 minutes ago, Howler said:

Why is the eagles-jets line so high? If the jets get some of their guys back, most importantly Darnold, they can play with the eagles. But 14 points????!?!!?

I mean, hell I'm picking the Eagles to win, but that sounds like an easy spread to pick against.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

It was a joke. @jrry32 went on a diatribe one night that I was cherry picking Goff stats because I quoted the previous 16 games. He then went on and on that if I was going to quote the previous 16 games, that he should be able to take Goffs worst games out of that as well. 

He then told me that he crushed me in an argument and called me a cherry picker. I was simply trying to show that Goff has trended down over a significant sample size. 

It was pretty sad. 

Classic Jrry lol

11 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What is up with that? Are they really that bad?

Yes, they are.

I mean, at this point it looks like the reason why Patrick Onwuasor looked good last year was because he had CJ Mosley next to him, because this year him and Kenny Young are TERRIBLE at everything - pursuit, tackling, coverage, everything. They're horrible.

Tony Jefferson continues to be an absolute liability on the field as well, as every single game he blows 1-2 coverages that result in a touchdown. Yesterday, our DC gave him the green dot to relay in the play calls to resolve "communication issues" that our secondary has been having the past two weeks only for those communication breakdowns to get worse.

And all of that is on top of the fact that we have no pass rush or OLB's who can do anything aside from Pernell McPhee and occasionally Matthew Judon. It's just really, really bad.