THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL THREAD MIAMI VS JACKSONVILLE

El Ramster

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

...such as?

You mentioned Rodgers, Brady, and Mahomes originally. All three were on teams that were nowhere near 'dumpster fires' their rookie seasons and only didn't start because they had an experienced veteran QB entrenched as the starter. None of the 3 are examples of 'sitting a QB for a year because your team is a dumpster fire'.

Then you named Goff... despite that he started nearly half the season his rookie season and wasn't negatively effected.

Your not getting this. Go back and read man.  I never said QB's would be ruined by it. Only that keeping them on the bench for a year could help them. Learning the offense and getting used to the speed of the game vs college is tough on rookies. Throwing them into a situation where your OL, supporting cast, and/or staff is terrible is a recipe for disaster---both mentally and physically. 

Wait until year 2 and THEN start to build the team around him and give them a better chance to succeed. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Um, there were A LOT of people writing him off as a huge bust and possibly one of the worst picks of the decade. Media and football.fans both. It was a very common thing. 

Once he started having success, it is constantly under massive scrutiny. 

When someone's being called a bust (and playing as poorly as Goff indeed did)...I'd say that counts as negative impact.

Uh, no?

Negative impact on his career as a whole is what I was getting at.  He certainly looked bad. That doesn't mean he didnt benefit from the experience.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Your not getting this. Go back and read man.  I never said QB's would be ruined by it. Only that keeping them on the bench for a year could help them. Learning the offense and getting used to the speed of the game vs college is tough on rookies. Throwing them into a situation where your OL, supporting cast, and/or staff is terrible is a recipe for disaster---both mentally and physically. 

Wait until year 2 and THEN start to build the team around him and give them a better chance to succeed. 

Actual experience is the key to mastering this tho.

Miami doesn't have a bad OL or supporting cast, either lol

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Howard calf pain after celebrating. Probably nothing. 

Still will never forget the time Lamare Houston tore his ACL after a over-the-top celebration. 

Tell the while story, Bears are getting blown out.  Houston gets a garbage sack and then blows out his knee celebrating.  Instant. Karma.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Actual experience is the key to mastering this tho.

Miami doesn't have a bad OL or supporting cast, either lol

I don't have an issue with Miami playing Tua. They don't have an abjectly terrible offense. I simply disagree with your theory that it can't do long-lasting harm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Uh, no?

Negative impact on his career as a whole is what I was getting at.  He certainly looked bad. That doesn't mean he didnt benefit from the experience.

Ok, so you're going by an entire career for  someone who is just now starting his 5th season?

You can't be serious.