THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL THREAD MIAMI VS JACKSONVILLE

El Ramster

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Very true. Basically, the value of clerking is twofold. (1) You're mentored by an elite member of the profession (a federal judge). (2) You get to observe the good and bad litigators do their jobs (whether that's at trial/argument or through reading briefs/motions). Additionally, you build your research and writing skills by helping the judge decide cases based on those motions or briefs. But like a backup QB, while you are studying how to litigate, you aren't doing it yourself. You're very much observing other people do it.

So if the starting QB isn't elite, then the rookie should start? Agreed.

1 minute ago, FinSting said:

Flores' approach seems the most BB-type approach of any BB coaching tree guy so far. Build through the draft. Get better every rep in practice. Stockpile those picks with trades. Spend the big money on the DB's. 

Yup.

Just now, SkippyX said:

They were horrific last September and October (0-7 and an average defeat of 23 points)

They've been very competitive since then. (6-6 with a -10 differential)

I would not call them a good team yet, but he's pulled them out of a very bad place.

I wouldn't call them good either, but they do look much improved, they seem fundamentally sound, don't make stupid penalties, and most importantly, you can tell they believe in Flores.

They just need another year or two to add talent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

You could tell that Flores had the intangibles from watching the Do Your Job videos.

BTW, Bieniemy clearly has it as well after watching Times Yours. (I had no clue about him before that but it was an excellent showcase for him)

I like Bieniemy a lot. He's going to be one to watch when he finally gets his shot

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Bro

You seem to think I was the one who brought up Goff in the first place. I wasn't bringing him up as a 'success story', I was refuting the opposing opposition that 'Goff was better off sitting for a year' by pointing out that 'he didn't'. Jesus Christ lol.

I see what you didn't get now, tho, I guess?

best friends friendship GIF by happydog

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Very true. Basically, the value of clerking is twofold. (1) You're mentored by an elite member of the profession (a federal judge). (2) You get to observe the good and bad litigators do their jobs (whether that's at trial/argument or through reading briefs/motions). Additionally, you build your research and writing skills by helping the judge decide cases based on those motions or briefs. But like a backup QB, while you are studying how to litigate, you aren't doing it yourself. You're very much observing other people do it.

I hate you lawyers. That's all I have to say.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

They were horrific last September and October (0-7 and an average defeat of 23 points)

They've been very competitive since then. (6-6 with a -10 total point differential)

I would not call them a good team yet, but he's pulled them out of a very bad place.

Yes but the 59-10  and 43-0 losses to start last year were the product of exploding the team right before the season started with the massive Texans trade. And the new regime change that happens with any team, out with the old in with the new. 

Take out those *hilarious* losses and things begin to settle down last season. They were very competitive in the next 5 games even though they lost. Probably should won a couple of those actually.