THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL THREAD MIAMI VS JACKSONVILLE

El Ramster

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Tell the while story, Bears are getting blown out.  Houston gets a garbage sack and then blows out his knee celebrating.  Instant. Karma.

Forgot about the blowout, makes it so muchhh worse lmao. I think his teammates were like we’re good bro. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Actual experience is the key to mastering this tho.

Miami doesn't have a bad OL or supporting cast, either lol

IMO (because neither of our opinions can actually be fact checked)

Experience can also be gained by sitting the bench while listening and learning in practice, film room, talking to coaches, etc. 

And I wasn't saying Miami has a bad supporting cast either. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Ok, so you're going by an entire career for  someone who is just now starting his 5th season?

You can't be serious. 

???

I was responding to a point about how a team supposedly sat a QB until they were better for their benefit (Goff) by pointing out they didn't actually sit that player during their 'disasterous' rookie season.

what don't you get?

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

IMO (because neither of our opinions can actually be fact checked)

Experience can also be gained by sitting the bench while listening and learning in practice, film room, talking to coaches, etc. 

And I wasn't saying Miami has a bad supporting cast either. 

No

Knowledge can, but that's not experience

I don't know what your profession is but me personally... I've learned how to be effective in my career through doing things waaaay more than listening to others do them. Perhaps it's my own learning style clouding my perspective but if my company decided to 'bench me' to have me learn for a year while observing my colleges I would not be an effective employee, now. Despite hardships that I faced that I could've been shielded from otherwise.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

No

I don't know what your profession is but me personally... I've learned how to be effective in my career through doing things waaaay more than listening to others do them. Perhaps it's my own learning style clouding my perspective but if my company decided to 'bench me' to have me learn for a year while observing my colleges I would not be an effective employee, now. Despite hardships that I faced that I could've been shielded from otherwise.

Dude you’re a chip who kills for living. What kind of hardships could you have had? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

No

Both, experience and knowledge can be gained from that. Every coach/player in the league talks about reps and how important it is to player development.

Oh, I'm a hands-on learner too in both my profession and other hobbys as well so I'm with you there 100% and so I get the analogy but's let's not pretend that our jobs are similar to professional athletes either lol. That's a big difference. 

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

No

My profession is very much the opposite. Many of the elite lawyers spend their first few years "benched." In my profession, it's called "clerking." Instead of being an advocate and getting courtroom experience, you work for federal judges (and the elite of the elite eventually work for U.S. Supreme Court justices) helping them decide cases.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

From a fantasy perspective, tonight could not have gone better for me. Robinson gets me 29 points and Gaskin gets me 17. Just amazing.

I almost traded Robinson this week, but my friend changed his mind. I'm very happy with his decision.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Both, experience and knowledge can be gained from that. Every coach/player in the league talks about reps and how important it is to player development.

Oh, I'm a hands-on learner too in both my profession and other hobbys as well so I'm with you there 100% and so I get the analogy but's let's not pretend that our jobs are similar to professional athletes either lol. That's a big difference. 

I don't think there really is.

Throw me in a fire every time over sitting me on the sideline.