So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

today was the first day that i've seen Ridder, but i liked what i saw. He seemed like a zach wilson lite. has a lively arm, can make plays with his legs. it seemed like his biggest issue was that it wasn't ~super~ accurate, and by that i mean i saw a lot of high passes that his guys could still come down with, but definitley limited YAC. that's something that can be fixed by him driving through his throws with his lower body and not just using his arm to get the ball there. If any of you guys that have seen more or pretend like you're scouts have anything else to add, please do.

for me, again, the plan should be grab an OT in the 1st, then a QB in the 2nd. Jones has really good touch and accuracy, and ridder seems like he has potential. i would be ok with either of them in the 2nd. then grab a WR/OT/DL in the 3rd.

Welp, Fields just tore Clemson apart.... Seems like he might be back on the menu for #2 overall to the jets again.

Current draft order has (bolded are teams who could be in the QB market)

3. Miama (via Houston).... I'd imagine they're going to build around Tua and get Sewell-LT

4. Atlanta -  Serious risk of getting Wilson. Matty Ice is near the end, and Wilson could play that same system well.

5. Cincinnati - Sewell gone at #3, This is imo the team you'd have to trade with, to get Wilson, if Atlanta doesn't bite.

6. Phillidelpha- Like Cinnci, this team can be in play. I think they're riding with Hurts

7. Detroit - They're a risk to replace stafford, but I could also see them going WR Since I think it would be the first WR off the board.

8. Giants- I genuinely don't know where they are with Jones... Personally, I never understood the pick to begin with.

9, 10, 11.  Carolina, Denver, Dallas All three are in play for QBs (I don't think Prescott stays in Dallas)

12. Chargers I can't see any scenario he's on the board here, but this imo last chance.

13,14,15. Minnesota, New England, San Fran  All three in play for QBs.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He doesn’t have a great arm of athletic ability. If he doesn’t get a clean read and get to set his feet he is in trouble.

He is kind of like delux Foles

Yeah that's what scares me about him.  He freaks out at the first sign of pressure.  A more athletic Foles is a fair comparison. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

6 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

today was the first day that i've seen Ridder, but i liked what i saw. He seemed like a zach wilson lite. has a lively arm, can make plays with his legs. it seemed like his biggest issue was that it wasn't ~super~ accurate, and by that i mean i saw a lot of high passes that his guys could still come down with, but definitley limited YAC. that's something that can be fixed by him driving through his throws with his lower body and not just using his arm to get the ball there. If any of you guys that have seen more or pretend like you're scouts have anything else to add, please do.

for me, again, the plan should be grab an OT in the 1st, then a QB in the 2nd. Jones has really good touch and accuracy, and ridder seems like he has potential. i would be ok with either of them in the 2nd. then grab a WR/OT/DL in the 3rd.

I would be fine with this.  Just as long as we nab a QB and OT with the 1st 2 picks then I'm okay it.  Ridder has alot of boom or bust in him and that's fine.  Even if he doesn't work out and Pace/Nagy get one more year then the next regime have a chance to get "their" guy and maybe keep Ridder on board as a backup asa project player (which is what Ridder is). 

Wouldn't it be nice to FINALLY see this team develop a starting caliber QB AND his backup at the same time?  Well it sounds good atleast....

Edited by JAF-N72EX

53 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

Crap but don't blame the kid. He has the potential for being a top ten pick next year. Could have a college career arc like Josh Allen

I know, it sucks. I was really warming up to him as a prospect and was thinking we could trade back and snag him. If he balls out he will likely be a top 10 pick next draft now too

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I know, it sucks. I was really warming up to him as a prospect and was thinking we could trade back and snag him. If he balls out he will likely be a top 10 pick next draft now too

I was hoping to trade back and grab him to maybe late 2 or early 3.  Well if they blow this team up next year he might be a name worth considering again.

44 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It is really going to suck if they can’t land a real QB prospect.

2021 would be a wasted year of development.

The clock wouldn’t start on an upgrade till 2022.

True but at least it is one year to add more talent around a rookie for 2022. I still have no faith in Nagy to develop a QB so it may be a wasted year for QB development either way.

On 1/2/2021 at 12:14 AM, Epyon said:

Welp, Fields just tore Clemson apart.... Seems like he might be back on the menu for #2 overall to the jets again.

Current draft order has (bolded are teams who could be in the QB market)

3. Miama (via Houston).... I'd imagine they're going to build around Tua and get Sewell-LT

4. Atlanta -  Serious risk of getting Wilson. Matty Ice is near the end, and Wilson could play that same system well.

5. Cincinnati - Sewell gone at #3, This is imo the team you'd have to trade with, to get Wilson, if Atlanta doesn't bite.

6. Phillidelpha- Like Cinnci, this team can be in play. I think they're riding with Hurts

7. Detroit - They're a risk to replace stafford, but I could also see them going WR Since I think it would be the first WR off the board.

8. Giants- I genuinely don't know where they are with Jones... Personally, I never understood the pick to begin with.

9, 10, 11.  Carolina, Denver, Dallas All three are in play for QBs (I don't think Prescott stays in Dallas)

12. Chargers I can't see any scenario he's on the board here, but this imo last chance.

13,14,15. Minnesota, New England, San Fran  All three in play for QBs.

Falcons owe too much money to Ryan over the next couple years to draft another QB right now. Unless some other team trades for him which I feel is unlikely then they will probably just keep him and try to add more weapons around him. I can see them taking either Sewell to protect him or Pitts as they need a game breaking TE to compliment Julio and Ridley.

I also don't feel as if Philly, Detroit or NYG will go QB. I think they are all more likely to add OL, WR or defensive help. Gettlemen is still the GM in NY and Jones is his guy.

I feel like if Bears make a move up for a QB they will need to target either the Giants or Chargers as a trade up partner.