So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

Just now, topwop1 said:

If Wilson or a higher rated QB is not in reach when they pick in the 1st then they should take their chances that Jones or Trask will be available in the 2nd

I just think that would be under rating the desperation at Halas Hall, that is why I fire Pace regardless of what happens.

New GM will have the future in mind more than the present.

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am honestly not trying to troll here, but I have to think CHI fans want to move on from the Trubisky-Nagy era.  Yes?

Most of us here do, for sure. It's looking less like that's going to happen, though. At least any time soon. 

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

This board is actually pretty well split up with what we all want to do with pace/Nagy/Trubisky.

Huh? I think most of us have accepted that too many mistakes have been made. Even those leaning towards keeping Nagy and Trubisky understand that's probably not any sort of best case scenario. 

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am honestly not trying to troll here, but I have to think CHI fans want to move on from the Trubisky-Nagy era.  Yes?

Yes and no. 

I dont believe he will ever be more than an average starter but the Bears played themselves to a later pick so less likely to be able to move up and get their guy. So who will be better than Tru that we can get next year? And who can develop the new kid?

Nagy has qualities of a good HC. He rallies his guys and even when we lost like 6 games straight the team never flat out quit. But Nagy is a failure in developing Tru and installing an offense. So now we have to rely on him and Pace finding good OCs consistently. I dislike that. 

I'm personally in favor of moving on from both. Let Tru get a chance to develop under Reid, McVay, Payton or someone to give them depth and maybe he can get a shot after 2 or 3 years somewhere else. Nagy just doesn't warrant a HC role for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Yes and no. 

I dont believe he will ever be more than an average starter but the Bears played themselves to a later pick so less likely to be able to move up and get their guy. So who will be better than Tru that we can get next year? And who can develop the new kid?

Nagy has qualities of a good HC. He rallies his guys and even when we lost like 6 games straight the team never flat out quit. But Nagy is a failure in developing Tru and installing an offense. So now we have to rely on him and Pace finding good OCs consistently. I dislike that. 

I'm personally in favor of moving on from both. Let Tru get a chance to develop under Reid, McVay, Payton or someone to give them depth and maybe he can get a shot after 2 or 3 years somewhere else. Nagy just doesn't warrant a HC role for me. 

Sounds like Lovie Smith all over again except no Tampa 2 lol.

I'll be honest... I think Lazor has done a fairly good job since taking over midseason so I'd be fine with him moving forward if they decide to keep Nagy.

I think Pagano will have to go however since the D has regressed. I wouldnt hate the idea of promoting Jay Rodgers to DC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Sounds like Lovie Smith all over again except no Tampa 2 lol.

I'll be honest... I think Lazor has done a fairly good job since taking over midseason so I'd be fine with him moving forward if they decide to keep Nagy.

I think Pagano will have to go however since the D has regressed. I wouldnt hate the idea of promoting Jay Rodgers to DC

No Tampa 2 and about the same offensive output on average if we are lucky   lol

Lazor has done really well and blew my expectations out of the water. Bad defenses or not he has led the offense that put up 25 or more points the last 5 weeks. We hadn't scored 21 points in back to back games this year before him.

I'm fine with that or fine with retaining him. The defense has held up our team the last few years, we can't expect the 2018 Bears to be a regular thing (not saying you were either). He needs to snap up the aggressiveness early on and get some more 3 and outs. We're limiting redzone success but a big way to reduce redzone TDs is to actually keep them the hell out of it. lol

If we can somehow resign Trubisky, our first 3 picks should be: LT, pass rusher, and either RT, skill player, or QB(depending on whos there.  Also, if we have a 3rd since Pace gives our picks away like candy)  Obviously this is a win now/playoffs or we clean house scenario.

If we don't resign Trubisky, QB and LT as our first two picks.

im starting to get worried that we are not only playing ourselves out of a top QB (i think that has already passed) but are now starting to play ourselves out of a top OT. Don't think Cosmi or Liam will be worth it in the 20s. There actually aren't a ton of guys in that area that i'm a big fan of

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

We have over spent at OLB already without tossing a premium pick at it.

If they re-sign Trubiksy there first 3 picks should be 

LT

QB

RT

There's a strong argument for WR as well.   Devonta Smith in the first would catch my eye (though he's likely going in the 8-13 range), Kadarius Toney in the second would be a guy I'd look at.

5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

They can franchise him? 

It would cost us $23.5 million to do that.  Listening to sirius nfl radio(briefly) they said that the franchise tag or the transition tag are very unlikely to happen. 

What I'd do is see how Trubisky plays this week.  If he plays well(he needs to, we won't beat GB with another 'they are who we thought they were' game) but if we win or lose a shoot out, I'd offer MT a 1 maybe 2 year deal.  If we do resign him, we don't necessarily have to draft a QB round 1.  If MT leaves, QB is one of our first two picks.  Does MT want to come back?  Is he a 'pay me x amount or I'll find someone who will?'  we'll have to wait and see. 

Resigning MT is our best option.  Maybe we draft a QB round 1, is he another Herbert or Haskins? 

Hears an article about if we should resign him.  It mentions the franchise tag

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bears-could-re-sign-qb-mitchell-trubisky-in-2021/ar-BB1cgtPY