The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

8 hours ago, lancerman said:

He’s the greatest ever and the excuses are pretty much dead at this point 

Ohhhh we should be so lucky. There's plenty still left in the tank of salt and excuses 

They brought up cheating yet? Clearly he chose TB because the humidity makes the balls a bit under-inflated, which is the only reason he's been able to rip it down the field. Obviously.

1 hour ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Can't believe this. Few days ago I was thinking about the most adequate adjective to call what the GM Bill Belichick assembled on O the past few years after he tried to get rid of Gronk and forced him to retire to avoid being traded to freaking Lions. English is not my first language so my vocabulary is very limited but I picked "disgraceful". 

If English isn't your first language, you've fooled me. Better English than a lot of English speaking people I've met, that's for sure!

As for your point above, I agree, it's unforgivable. Especially when you consider the TE situation for 2 years now has easily been the worst in the league. Our two TEs taken in this draft - 0 targets. ZERO targets. Let a lone a catch, they haven't had a target. 

Last year was brutal with Izzo and LaCosse....Cam has always had a good TE (in Olsen). I don't know what BB is thinking with the TE position

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DannyB said:

Think how different the numbers would be if they switched home stadiums. Brady gets a track meet a minimum 8 times per year, Brees gets to throw into freezing Nor'easter winds.

The outdoor QBs always get this aspect overlooked. If you compare indoor/outdoor passer ratings you see the difference for everyone.

6 hours ago, RUGmen said:

McDaniels was horrible in St. Louis as OC and we all know his time in Denver. 

So far, he has proven to be nothing without Brady. Lack of talent or not, the Pats QBs so far this season have 3TDs:11INTs both last in the league.

The brightest offensive minds today can scheme anyone open with enough pre-snap motion, crossing patterns and rub routes. Despite Cam's shortcomings, that should be even more possible with his threat as a runner.

Yeah, the Pats have horrible offensive targets this year and did last year also, but McDaniels isn't helping. Can't deny it.

44 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

The outdoor QBs always get this aspect overlooked. If you compare indoor/outdoor passer ratings you see the difference for everyone.

And fair or not, I will always give bonus points to QBs that have shown they can sling it in the elements

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

The brightest offensive minds today can scheme anyone open with enough pre-snap motion, crossing patterns and rub routes. Despite Cam's shortcomings, that should be even more possible with his threat as a runner.

Yeah, the Pats have horrible offensive targets this year and did last year also, but McDaniels isn't helping. Can't deny it.

He was always bad but 10 years ago the bar was lower and some of what he was doing was actually creative. Plus he had the GOAT + weapons.

Now he's pure garbage

1 minute ago, LieutenantGains said:

To add to this

Dome Games

Tom Brady: 16

Drew Brees: 138

Brees QB rating in Domes: 104.8

Brees QB rating outdoors: 91.8

Brady QB rating in Domes:  108.4

Brady QB rating outdoors: 96.5

Brady >>> Brees. Its not close.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Brees QB rating in Domes: 104.8

Brees QB rating outdoors: 91.8

Brady QB rating in Domes:  108.4

Brady QB rating outdoors: 96.5

Brady >>> Brees. Its not close.

i don't think anyone thinks it is remotely close. brees is a hard sell at top 5 all time QB and tom is the undisputed goat.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Peyton Manning QB Rating in Domes 99.1

Manning outdoors: 94.0

Brady >>>> Manning. Its not even close.

Tbf to Manning, bulk of his snaps came in a different NFL to what Brady and Brees have been playing in the past decade. If you do this same comparison in 2010 its closer. 

Brady > Manning, but Manning is closer than Brees is.

• Like 2