The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

6 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Belichick got by with giving Brady farmers and Lacrosse players and even then the weapons were a lot better than they are this year and were last year.

Belichick is not capable of acquiring NFL level weapons. It's a shame.

Belichick drafted guys like Deion Branch and David Givens early in Brady's career, who were solid players. He pulled Edelman out of nowhere, and also picked Gronk in the 2nd round... and that other guy. Plus, Brady has never not had a really good receiving back. So this is clearly hyperbole. And let's not forget that he traded for Moss and Welker that one year, signed Amendola, LaFell, etc.. 

I feel like Brady is at least partly to blame for the team's failure to really develop talent at WR. He seemed to get frustrated very easily with young receivers when they didn't progress with the speed he demanded. IIRC he only ever invited established guys like Gronk and Edelman to work out with him in Montana during the offseason. And the deeper into his career he got, the more inflexible and impatient he became with young receivers. 

Edited by Starless
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

All news channels are propaganda/fake/non-stop lies for both sides including CNN and Fox. And ESPN is like watching a news channel these days. When I turn on ESPN, I legit feel like I’m watching propaganda. 

So much better coverage on YouTube these days from independent sources. NFLN has become meh as well but they are also 10000x better than ESPN which is basically a news channel. 

I think NFLN does a good job. But with news, you have to expect commentary with the news. I don't know if it's spinning as much as tailoring to audience. Same thing with places like ESPN, i think, they think casual fans want basic news and commentary. Rather than in-depth and really intelligent analytics. Just my guess.

I wish they did more in-depth advanced analytics and more game film breakdown. 

40 minutes ago, Starless said:

By the end of the year, the narrative will shift to, "Belichick's conservative offensive philosophy kept Brady from ever truly reaching his full potential."

Honestly, I would agree with this case from 2017-2019. Whether that’s BB or McDaniels, I don’t know, but I honestly felt it was too much an extreme of dink and dunk likely due to receiver talent.

I tell you guys or what? Lmfaoooo this was sad. Kellerman is just straight trash. This is nothing but propaganda. Hint: New York fans who hates all Boston teams. 

I’ve seen a lot of Brady haters and Max is by far the top. 

Edited by BayRaider

Bucs MAY win the Superbowl, but they probably won't. Arians and TB have constructed a team that lends itself to deep passing success, and that is something NE only ever did once or twice. But the way the roster was constructed and the way BB and co. constructed things, allowed the TEAM to win plenty of silverware. Yes, the offensive structure meant we didn't have the talent to put up PFF's 'big time throws', but we did win plenty of superbowls.

Not to say TB won't, but Tom is never going to swap his 6 rings for 6 seasons of being able to complete passes deep all the time.

Defense, ST, culture, structure, doing what you can do, fitting pieces in etc > explosive offense. That's just the way BB and Dimitroff etc operated, and it worked for Tom more than anyone.

Again, if TB win superbowls using their approach, then that's how they do it, and fair play. We can't be holding BB to account for not giving Tom Mike Evans's and Godwins if his approach won so many superbowls, can we.

Edited by Hunter2_1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 11:29 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Bucs MAY win the Superbowl, but they probably won't. Arians and TB have constructed a team that lends itself to deep passing success, and that is something NE only ever did once or twice. But the way the roster was constructed and the way BB and co. constructed things, allowed the TEAM to win plenty of silverware. Yes, the offensive structure meant we didn't have the talent to put up PFF's 'big time throws', but we did win plenty of superbowls.

Not to say TB won't, but Tom is never going to swap his 6 rings for 6 seasons of being able to complete passes deep all the time.

Defense, ST, culture, structure, doing what you can do, fitting pieces in etc > explosive offense. That's just the way BB and Dimitroff etc operated, and it worked for Tom more than anyone.

Again, if TB win superbowls using their approach, then that's how they do it, and fair play. We can't be holding BB to account for not giving Tom Mike Evans's and Godwins if his approach won so many superbowls, can we.

I gotta disagree with this, TB don't have an offense built for "deep passing success", they have a roster built for "passing success". They have guys who can go over the middle, but also have the speed to go deep (Which is something NE lacked the last two years). Look at yesterday, wind howling a swirling, so the offense played small ball and got it done. When they needed a comeback against the Chargers, they aired it out deep. 

Something else NE has lacked - and this, for me, was always the bigger issue - was a guy who could make plays in the Redzone. Since Gronk retired, and even in his last year here, the Pats never had a guy who could go up for the ball and score. The Pats scoring plays all involved scheming smallers guys open, or screens/trick plays to backs. It was the story of the offense in 18 and 19 that they would get into the RZ and stall. In Tampa Evans already has 6 TDs this year - most of them quite short plays - all built around jumping over or boxing out smallers guys.

All that said, with the offense they have all they really need from Brady is to not turn the ball over. If Tampa is going to the Superbowl, the deciding factor will be their defense, which has the potential to be best unit in the league.

• Like 1