The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

5 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I gotta disagree with this, TB don't have an offense built for "deep passing success", they have a roster built for "passing success". They have guys who can go over the middle, but also have the speed to go deep (Which is something NE lacked the last two years). Look at yesterday, wind howling a swirling, so the offense played small ball and got it done. When they needed a comeback against the Chargers, they aired it out deep. 

Something else NE has lacked - and this, for me, was always the bigger issue - was a guy who could make plays in the Redzone. Since Gronk retired, and even in his last year here, the Pats never had a guy who could go up for the ball and score. The Pats scoring plays all involved scheming smallers guys open, or screens/trick plays to backs. It was the story of the offense in 18 and 19 that they would get into the RZ and stall. In Tampa Evans already has 6 TDs this year - most of them quite short plays - all built around jumping over or boxing out smallers guys.

All that said, with the offense they have all they really need from Brady is to not turn the ball over. If Tampa is going to the Superbowl, the deciding factor will be their defense, which has the potential to be best unit in the league.

Makes it that much more frustrating that neither Asiasi (6'3") nor Keene (6'4") have found their way into the offensive rotation yet. 

I've come up with a novel idea.

Once Brady calls it quits, his #12 should be retired by the entire league.

More numbers of all-time great players in all big 4 sports leagues should be retired league-wide (like 23 for LeBron and MJ in the NBA)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I gotta disagree with this, TB don't have an offense built for "deep passing success", they have a roster built for "passing success". They have guys who can go over the middle, but also have the speed to go deep (Which is something NE lacked the last two years). Look at yesterday, wind howling a swirling, so the offense played small ball and got it done. When they needed a comeback against the Chargers, they aired it out deep. 

Something else NE has lacked - and this, for me, was always the bigger issue - was a guy who could make plays in the Redzone. Since Gronk retired, and even in his last year here, the Pats never had a guy who could go up for the ball and score. The Pats scoring plays all involved scheming smallers guys open, or screens/trick plays to backs. It was the story of the offense in 18 and 19 that they would get into the RZ and stall. In Tampa Evans already has 6 TDs this year - most of them quite short plays - all built around jumping over or boxing out smallers guys.

All that said, with the offense they have all they really need from Brady is to not turn the ball over. If Tampa is going to the Superbowl, the deciding factor will be their defense, which has the potential to be best unit in the league.

They have an O that CAN play deep then. With the speed you mentioned, and TB is slinging it deep quite often..

Tom is currently at an 8.9 average air yards intended - which is the same as Russell Wilson. He's at 6.6 average completed air yard - more than Mahomes by .8. He probably has more DPIs in 5 games than he did for entire seasons with us. It seems every week he's chucking it deep to Evans and it's a DPI on the goalline. 

So, I agree they can play small ball as well, but they are somewhat built for long ball as well, definitely more than we were for most of the seasons, I'd argue.

Also agree about the defense

Edited by Hunter2_1

8 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Football outsiders ranks him 7th in the League in DYAR and 9th in DOVA. Bucs offense 7th after being ranked 23rd last season 

Really f good then, especially for a 43 year old, who has come into a new system for the first time in 19 years, who didn't have a practice programme, who has missed the top (or 2nd?) producing WR on the team for most of the season so far. I mean...god damn!

And the media and a lot of people want to say he is washed? 

You know I was kinda hoping the Bucs and Brady win the Bowl this year cause it’d be a good story, and the Raiders are 1 or 2 years away from being Super Bowl Contenders. 

However, now I hope they go 4-12. 

Antonio Clown is the worst human being in professional sports. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You know I was kinda hoping the Bucs and Brady win the Bowl this year cause it’d be a good story, and the Raiders are 1 or 2 years away from being Super Bowl Contenders. 

Pretty much agree with all of this. If you take out convicted murderers and rapists, it's AB.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Well there's Tyreek Hill.....

• Like 2