The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

36 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

And with this statement, you just disqualified yourself.

I'm not sure any quarterback from this era can be said to have been the greatest "player" in NFL history, but it sure as **** isn't Tom Brady.

I’ll just ask other players.

Also just to clarify on your previous comment what do you think of Johnny Unitas and Roger Staubach? You claimed Brady’s draft status was a product of him not being talented. So I wanted to hear what you thought about Johnny going in the 9th round?

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

It was looking rough about a month ago. Can you imagine the crazy reactions had they failed to make the playoffs with all the talent they have.

Yeah, I think the expectations were a little too high for a team that hadn't made the playoffs since the Bush administration with a bunch of new guys, new QB, new system, etc. 

It was always going to take some time to get up to speed and year 1 is often a transition year.  

Similar to Lebron in LA, MJs first year back in Chicago, Peyton's first year in Denver, etc.  Expecting everything to come together immediately is unrealistic no matter how good the player is.

Tom has both the stats and the hardware to back up the GOAT argument. Not even a debate.

Bill without Tom: 41-64. Winning percentage of 39%.

Meanwhile a 43 year old geriatric Tom who is playing in a wheelchair is 4th in the league in TD's and has a team that hasn't made the play offs since the Bush administration back in the play offs (thanks mission for that fact).

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 9:58 AM, rich homie said:

Yes it is. It's literally his only job as an offensive coordinator to scheme around those issues. You absolutely can't have a QB averaging only 100 yards per game (which Cam has over the past 5 games). That's not even Curtis Painter numbers. No QB or receivers in the NFL are that bad.

Curtis Painter had a better offensive cast lol

And when you add playoffs together with regular season stats make sure you understand this

The far less important stats are the regular season stats.

This might be my favorite Brady playoff comparison stat:

• Brady trying to get to the Super Bowl: 24-9
  • Bradshaw trying to get to the Super Bowl: 10-5
  • Aikman trying to get to the Super Bowl: 8-4
  • Montana trying to get to the Super Bowl: 12-7
  • Favre trying to get to the Super Bowl: 12-10
  • Manning trying to get to the Super Bowl: 12-11
  • Rodgers trying to get to the Super Bowl: 9-8
  • Brees trying to get to the Super Bowl: 7-8

6-2 vs 4-0 does not look so bad when you include those other pesky playoff games.

Add in the records that he either has (regular season TD passes) (almost all playoff passing records)

or soon will have (passing yards even if Brees plays next year and limps to 8-10 games)

Then compare regular season records.

Then compare titles.

Then compare highlights  (hint, 28-3 and 24-14 in Super Bowls win the highlights)

• When 500+ yards in a Super Bowl does not crack your top 3 (Madden telling him to go to OT would be top 3)

Stats, Records, Titles and Wins vs your feelings. 😂😄🤣