Mike McCarthy is 2-6 with the Cowboys

PackGymRat

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

People differ and it isn't really controversial to say that some deal with adversity better than others.. If I were to chart my own mental strength it wouldn't be a constant.

Key events can increase anxiety and depression, but behind that there is what I would call an inner core, which varies between individuals.

Again I appreciate you putting your thoughts out there.

What he went through with his brother is totally normal.

In fact, to use your own terminology, it takes a lot of “strength” to talk about those normal issues in public, when you’re the face of an NFL franchise. 

• Like 3

I wonder how much of the blame is because it’s field turf. I’m sure there is data for all this but it just seems like his foot got stuck well before Logan Ryan rolled it up.

If the data is pretty clear... I’m surprise for a league that cares about its players, that it’s not mandatory to have grass fields.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I wonder how much of the blame is because it’s field turf. I’m sure there is data for all this but it just seems like his foot got stuck well before Logan Ryan rolled it up.

If the data is pretty clear... I’m surprise for a league that cares about its players, that it’s not mandatory to have grass fields.

7JX0-e-1xOOdyStrW-3hnIRwYsgluZgSbvtJ0GGF

Edited by wgbeethree

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Even if McCarthy was overrated by Packers fans as a head coach the dude did win us a superbowl. This thread seems a little vindictive for a guy who literally did nothing wrong while coach of the Packers. 

Yeah but he's a fat stinky poo poo head!

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Even if McCarthy was overrated by Packers fans as a head coach the dude did win us a superbowl. This thread seems a little vindictive for a guy who literally did nothing wrong while coach of the Packers. 

He helped win us one, and possibly squandered a couple more opportunities at one away.

its entirely possible to like Mac and recognize what he did and also think we should have moved on from him awhile ago.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:19 PM, HighCalebR said:

They're in a bad situation on D.  Couple pass rushers. No DTs, young CBs without the studs at safety and their big money LBs arent doing it this year. Like the vikings but in a worse spot with a worse guy running it.

Zimmer is a good coach. If he were the DC in Dallas, that team would be turned around in a year. MN is going through a rebuild on defense this year (and next). ....Maybe Zimmer gets fired and we can pick him up as DC.

I'm not finished with Pettine yet. I give him til season's end. But that NFCC game last year was worse than the 2014 one in some ways: 2014 was 2 minutes of shame, 2019 was 60.

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

With MM in the rear view mirror a couple years and seeing the mess he's making out of the bling he has in Dallas, I realize MM should have been gone after 2011. Most NFL coaches have really big heads and loud mouths and not much between the ears. The really good coaches are quite rare: So many ways one can make mistakes as a coach. I used to think Mac was one of the good ones. I now realize he was not, at least since 2012.