2021 Draft Thread

John232

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

He's been getting worse and worse over the years. I actually used to really enjoy his podcast and his evaluations, but not anymore. I could tolerate his bro-ness and his annoying brother who lacks critical thinking, but ever since his breakup from Bleacher Report, he's gone downhill.

and now he's on ESPN too.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So now he's an even better fit for the niners and we have more reasons to select him? 

"He will be hurt a lot"....that's like the bat signal for our FO...our teams crack addiction. 

Lock it up boys, Mac is the pick. 

• Like 3

Larry Krueger isn't *quite* as bad as grant Cohn, but he's not that far off 

Dude was saying Kyle should be fired heading into the 2019 season and I will never let him live it down 

Just because Mac had a good OL in college doesn't mean he will get hurt in the pros. Mental gymnastics off the charts with that one

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I like Nico as well. But if I'm going with a day 2 WR, it might be Elijah Moore. Nico and Amon-Ra St. Brown are options I like as well.

A draft crush of mine...I have a couple this year. Would be soooooooo excited if the 9ers took him in the 2nd, but I wonder if he will even make it out of the 1st? I've seen mocks of him taken low in the 1st. I don't want that...unless somehow it was us? Not likely. 

36 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

A draft crush of mine...I have a couple this year. Would be soooooooo excited if the 9ers took him in the 2nd, but I wonder if he will even make it out of the 1st? I've seen mocks of him taken low in the 1st. I don't want that...unless somehow it was us? Not likely. 

You know, just after posting that, I went back and looked into Nico a little more and I think he's gaining steam for me. I think both Moore and Collins are great prospects and bring different things to the table. Both should be there at 43. I'm thinking they're both mid 2nd to early 3rd. 

If we go Fields, a guy like Collins would pair really well with him. Moore would be exceptional in our offense all around, though. Really can't go wrong with either. 

The problem for me, which happens every year, is that I fall in love with a ton of round 2-3 guys and want them all. Both of these guys are that list for me this year.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

2021 Draft Visit Tracker

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/145996-49ers-2021-pre-draft-visit-meeting-tracker/

Interesting, we met with Najee Harris twice. 

Why do you think Kyle and John went to the Alabama pro day? They wanted to watch some Alabama QB throw to their new RB.

In all seriousness, with the reports that they would have taken Clyde Edwards-Helaire at 31 last year, I could see them trading up for Harris or Etienne. They'll need to surround their new Schaub/Kirk with all the offense talent they can get.

• Like 3