2021 Draft Thread

John232

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

I really like Kary Vincent Jr. from LSU. I was really hoping we could grab him with our third or fourth, but I just saw him at 46 on BR newest big board. 

I think he'll fall much lower than that. I'd imagine that he's slot exclusive which should push him down. 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he'll fall much lower than that. I'd imagine that he's slot exclusive which should push him down. 

I’m not convinced he couldn’t play outside, but I’m hoping you’re right in that he will drop to our third or fourth. Even if he is slot exclusive, he’d be a hell of a replacement for Kwuan Williams. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GW21 said:

I’m not convinced he couldn’t play outside, but I’m hoping you’re right in that he will drop to our third or fourth. Even if he is slot exclusive, he’d be a hell of a replacement for Kwuan Williams. 

I'd just assume that the height would push him there for most teams, though i do believe that more people should give the smaller guys a shot. He's roughly the same height as JV if I remember right, and JV has always thrived on the outside. I'd fail him at outside corner before moving him inside at the very least, similar to a tackle with short arms. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I was today years old when I learned that Penei Sewell was the nephew of former niner great Isaac Sopoaga

I once saw Isaac Sopoaga at a mall and I confused him with a walking pillar. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel like someone may have brought this guy up before somewhere at some point. I apologize for not remembering who you are if that is the case. But damn: 

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

I definitely did. As soon as I caught wind of him I figured he’d be an ideal UDFA for us. 

• Like 1

I am not impressed at all with the projected 2nd round corners. I shouldn't say not impressed at all but sort of underwhelmed. I REALLY want a corner in the 2nd round, but at this point I guess edge could be the way to go. Go edge in the 2nd and then someone like Adebo in the 3rd. 

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I am not impressed at all with the projected 2nd round corners. I shouldn't say not impressed at all but sort of underwhelmed. I REALLY want a corner in the 2nd round, but at this point I guess edge could be the way to go. Go edge in the 2nd and then someone like Adebo in the 3rd. 

Wr or rb in the second for me, but I agree unless one of the first round projected corners fall to our pick I don’t think we will take one in the second. I think more round 3 or 4. I really like the depth in this corner class. That’s another reason why I think we go offensive weapon in the second. 

29 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Wr or rb in the second for me, but I agree unless one of the first round projected corners fall to our pick I don’t think we will take one in the second. I think more round 3 or 4. I really like the depth in this corner class. That’s another reason why I think we go offensive weapon in the second. 

RB in the 2nd? Ew lol. 

I'm fine with a WR and you know Shanny loves taking WRs early in the draft.